VII. Meeting new people (unfortunately)

Kanato was pulling my hand pretty harshly. I had no time to protest.
"Hurry up." Why was he so eager to reach the classroom? Does Kanato actually like arts? That's our first period. 

"Kanato, do you like crafts and stuff like that?" That would and wouldn't surprise me for some reason. Teddy, he's carrying even at school, looks old and a bit worn out. If you took a closer look, you would notice different threads, as if Teddy had been fixed multiple times. It seems there was a need to sew it multiple times...

"Did no one tell you that it's rude to stare at people? Or were you too busy thinking how cute I am liking arts and crafts?"

"That's actually not what I was thinking about..."
"Don't lie! Your stupid face says it all." Kanato didn't stop in his tracks and kept moving towards his destination.

Finally, he opened the door that lead to my first nightmare to be. Unfortunately, everyone was already in their seats. Only two free spots were left: one beside Kanato and the other - beside some gloomy looking guy.

Kanato or cute looking, but at the same time creepy guy? Guts were telling me that neither was fine.
"Lauren-san, you will sit with me." I heard a few gasps and soft muttering. My new classmates were eyeing me with fear and... compassion? I kinda do know that Kanato is a bit moody, but I thought he was like this only at home.

"What are you waiting for? A red carpet?" Last time I did get my red carpet, but I doubt this will happen again.

"No, I was just thinking where to sit." Kanato's eyes turned red. "I couldn't sit with you because Teddy also needs it's own seat." Kanato's lips formed a cute 'o' shape.
"You thought about Teddy? That's forgivable." He almost looked adorable. Almost.

Teacher forced me to introduce myself in front of the whole class. I was hoping to not humiliate myself on my first day at school, but dreams will only be dreams. In a middle of my introduction, a hiccup burst out of my mouth. A few kids were giggling while I had no other choice, but to stand there in shame. I couldn't believe I managed to fail so hard. I can't even introduce myself properly. Failure. I'm nothing but a failure.

"Are you trying... to make her happy..?" Monotone, but soothing voice filled the classroom like mist. Even thought others were being pretty loud and this guy was pretty quiet, I heard him just fine. Giggling stopped.

"Can't you see... this is not making her... happy..?" Is he actually standing up for me? Was someone finally being nice to me?

"Use this... instead..." He was holding a scalpel used for wood carving. I felt sick to my stomach. I know - no one likes new students, but this is a first time someone threatened to kill me in our first meeting...

Okay, a second one. Ayato was pretty murderous back then... Actually it's a third time - Laito was also pretty clear about my position... And I think Reiji was also planning something like that.

"Azusa..." Was that Kanato or a growling lion? This Azusa guy threatened me with a knife, Kanato threatened me with his very existence. Where in the world should I sit?

"Miss Nakamura, why are you still standing there? Go back to your seat." I would gladly do that, if it wasn't life-threatening thing to do. But teacher couldn't read this simple and obvious situation.

"I just remembered something. I left my tools. I'll be right back." I walked out of the classroom without even waiting for an answer. Guilt was already kicking in for this action, but fear was a bit stronger. I saw a knife in Kanato's hand and I wasn't about to take a risk.

I was wandering through the hallways aimlessly. I didn't get the chance to look around before. This school looked really nice inside out. Every single detail screamed 'high class'. As I was walking, I've reached a third music room. I was about to turn around and walk back to my classroom, when I heard strange muffled sounds.