XXVII. Foul play gone wrong

Reiji was staring at this random human girl, understanding what she was trying to do, but still dumbfounded. She was walking right in front if him, when she yelped out in pain and fell down.
"Oh, my ankle! It hurts so much!" Girl cried out. Reiji had seen his share of clumsy human girls, but this situation felt slightly off. She let out her first sounds of pain when she was mid step... while her foot was still in the air.

"Oh, it hurts. Excuse me, could you please help me?" Girl pleaded while looking straight at Reiji. No one was around but him and that girl.
"Very well." Reiji grabbed her by her arm and pulled her up roughly.
"H-hey! What do you think you're doing!?" Girl broke away from his hold and jumped away from him.

"So you can stand on your own." Her eyes slightly widened as if she remembered something.
"W-well because you made me angry that's why! My ankle still hurts too much to walk." Her attempt at trying to mimic someone in pain was awfully terrible. She looked more constipated than with a twisted ankle. 
"Your ankle isn't twisted, you can walk just fine." Reiji fixed his glasses, demonstrating his absolute lack of interest in helping her out. 

"Please, just this once. Bring me to the nurse, please... I really need it..." Hair was covering her face making it impossible to see her facial expression, but Reiji knew she was faking every ounce of emotion in her voice. 
"No." He simply walked past her. Today has been weird for him. First of all, brothers were acting weird in the limo on their way to school. It could have been explained by their attempts to kill both Reiji and Shizuka, but they were unusually quiet and.. cheerful? Something was telling Reiji that brothers were planning something else, but he couldn't figure out exactly what it was... Until the second girl pretended to trip and twist her ankle in front of him. 

Reiji chuckled to himself. Those idiots. Did they really think that framing Reiji for something like helping a random girl out in distress would change anything between him and Shizuka? Reiji entered the classroom of his next period wondering about what other idiotic girls fate will be throwing at him today.

Lauren was running with an armful of printed homework for her classmates. Teacher requested her to do this task for some reason even thought it wasn't her turn. But she wasn't about to argue with her and juts took over the job. It's been long after the bell and her classmates were preparing for an upcoming test. She didn't know the material that well, and skipping on revisions wasn't a good thing either, so she tried to be as fast as she could. She was about to run around the corner when her feet hit something hard yet soft and she fell down, dropping everything she was carrying. 

"Fuck..." Lauren didn't have time to think whether she was injured or not, she was on her knees trying to gather all of the papers that went flying all over the place. 
"Not nice of you to trip over me and not even apologise," Familiar voice grumbled. 
"Shu? what are you doing here? Actually, don't answer. I'm no longer surprised." She continued on collecting and sorting out the documents and tasks into separate piles. 
"How should I punish you for not seeing me, hm? Come here so I could suck your blood." 
"Seriously, I don't have any time for your crap right now. And I still remember you guys trying to kill me and Reiji. No need to apologise to you over something as minor as mistaking you for a doormat." 

"Ouch," chuckled Shu with his eyes closed and head leaned back against the wall. 
"Oh come on, sweetie... Don't you want to play again with me?" A girl's voice from around the corned giggled flirtatiously. Lauren was about to keep on ignoring whatever was happening over there, when she heard a name she didn't want to hear. "Come on, Reiji, don't be such a party pooper." A small pile of documents slipped out of her hands, going all over the place once again. She felt her chest tightening in pain and agony. What did that girl mean by 'again'? Were they going out? Were they friends with benefits..? Perhaps... Perhaps Lauren herself was the one to get benefits from..? Maybe she was the idiot who believed she was being cared for and loved...