IX. Nightmare by the lake

Something crashed, but that was not my body. It was a wall.
"What the hell do you think you're doing?!" Wall shook under the second hit. Subaru's voice stopped these two vampires.
"Wanna have a taste of blood? I'm kind enough to help you." Subaru hit Ruki right into his disappointed face. Then, he turned to face Kou.
"S-Subaru-kun. I'm an idol, so can you spare my face?"

"Sure." Subaru said and hit Kou right into his nose, breaking it.
"YOU HIT MY NOSE!"
"You're welcome," Subaru growled and hit Kou into his stomach.
"Not again!" Poor idol screamed out. Do they know each other?
"What are you waiting for? Let's go!" Subaru grabbed my hand and pulled me inside the school.

"What were you doing with those two?!" He screamed out, pushing me against the wall.
"At first we were just talking." He looked at me as if I had a booger on my lip.
"Talking? With that scum... and Ruki?"
"And then they attacked me out of blue." Subaru facepalmed.

"Of course they attacked you - they are vampires! Now come - everyone's already waiting." He pulled me downstairs.
"Hey! It hurts!" His grip on my wrist was almost crushing. He had to press only a little bit harder to break my bones.
"It's not my problem that humans are so fragile." He hissed out, but loosened his grip.

"You broke Kou's nose and he's a vampire. It's not me that is fragile - it's you who is too strong." I know - arguing with an angry superhuman strength owner is not the best idea, but it just slipped out before I could stop myself.

*SMASH*

"Are you provoking me, because you're doing a really good job!" Subaru's naturally red eyes were shining in the dark staircase. Two crimson red stars took away my ability to breathe. Sadly, I knew this blood red light in a vampire's eyes a bit too well now. It meant that I'm in a big trouble.

Subaru pushed me against the wall, using kabe-don technique, he had me trapped.
"And why are you always shaking?!" *SMASH* He hit the poor wall once again. He can't know about my weakness, I will be doomed if any of them find out.

"Because I'm cold?" My voice was too nervous. He knew. He already understood everything about me. Probably Subaru could also hear my thoughts, so I was really doomed. He must think that I'm just a weak human trash who doesn't deserve nicer treatment. He sighed interrupting my thoughts.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?"
It was winter night and I was only wearing my school uniform. Subaru was already ready for the trip home so he was wearing a black winter coat with a pair of black gloves and a white scarf. He unwrapped his scarf and put it around my neck and head.

"You can have it. I didn't like it anyways." He said without looking at me. I was lying about being cold, but this worked too.
"Thanks, I guess." *SMASH*
"Shut up and start walking!" He was a blushing mess. It probably was a bit too embarrassing for him to give a girl his scarf. It would have been cute if he could control his fists. Next time it might be my head and not the wall.

"You have a scarf now, so why are you still trembling?" We were already on the first floor, walking towards the exit.
"It takes time to warm up." I hope he doesn't pick up the lie. I wanted to change the subject, so I gave him a question of my own.

"And what about my stuff? I can't leave the school without books and my jacket."
"Everything's already in the limo, now hurry up - I'm hungry." I suddenly stopped in my tracks. Hungry? He wants to drink my blood? I've tried to pull my hand away from his grip, but Subaru didn't seem to even notice that I stopped walking and he just kept on going forwards while pulling me behind him.

"There's something else you should know - stay away from Mukami brothers. They might seem like a friendly bunch, but they are not, especially that Kou guy."
"I've noticed that." A paradox: Mukami guys warned me about Sakamaki brothers and the S brothers - about M brothers. And all of them combined you get death by the blood loss.