VI. This is not a good morning

Dead black eye was staring back at me. I jumped up.  
"Seriously, how many times do I have to call you until you decide to wake up?" Teddy asked.

"K-Kanato?" Person who was holding Teddy was hiding his face behind the toy. Slowly, boy took a peek from behind his toy and I was able to see his entire smiling face.

"Lauren-san, you remember my name," his smile grew even larger. "Look, Teddy, she's tolerable."
"Kanato-kun, girls like other type of toys~" Kanato's face suddenly became dark. Laito was standing at the other side of my bed

"As if you know what girls like." Boy hugged his bear. "Teddy is cute, right, Lauren-san?" I was beyond confused. Kanato was acting strangely nice.
The first time I've tried to talk to him he was very rude, so why is he being so nice? It's too suspicious.

"Yeah, Teddy is very adorable."  Yesterday was a hellish day. I don't want the same kind of scenario to repeat itself. Playing it safe is the best choice for now.

"Bitch-chan~ I thought you were on my side," Laito whined out. "Since we had so much fun down there~" Shiver ran down my spine. Kanato's irritated gaze fell on me. He roughly grabbed my chin and turned it, exposing the traces of a bite mark. Kanato's brows bumped together in a scowl.

"That's fixable." He whispered. "Don't worry, I will make you look beautiful." Chill from his fingers rapidly spread through my entire body.

"Kanato-kun, as always you're so clueless. She's already pretty~ There's no need to do anything."

"You say this about everyone, but I must agree about these eyes. Brownish in the middle and green on the outside. Reminds me of autumn."

"You are right. And her eyelashes are really long~" Both of their faces were so close to me it made me really uneasy.

"Laito-kun, you've already tried her out. Is she worth it?" Laito's smirk deepened.
"Nfu~ You have to find out yourself." Kanato's eyes turned red instantly.

"Don't run. Teddy hates running." Kanato was already leaning towards my neck. And yet again there was nothing I could do but shiver with terrific anticipation. As Kanato was about to penetrate my skin with his fangs, but Reiji walked in.

"Why are you playing around? It's school time." This horrible word sounds so good right now.

"Couldn't you wait at least a little bit? Now you ruined it for us."
"~Nfu, Kanato-kun is right. We were about to have some fun and..."
"By saying 'we' I meant me and Teddy. You can just disappear for all I know." Wide eyes, slightly opened mouth - Laito could not believe his brother.

"Laito, please listen to your brother,  I have to prepare Shizuka-san for school." This got my attention.

"Of course, I'm glad this whole thing was cut short, but I'm pretty sure I can take care of myself." I still can't forget the way he talked about mom. Just a sheer memory of it makes me angry.

"Is that so? So I guess you want to be left with... Them." Laito was laying on his side, right hand supporting him. He pat the empty spot in front of him with a 'gonna eat you up in one bite' smirk.

Kanato wasn't better. His eyes screamed 'make a wrong move and you'll beg to be skinned alive'.

I didn't trust Reiji either. It wasn't rational to help me. Why was he being so... not cruel? His brothers obviously were after my blood or, in Laito's case, my body, but Reiji did nothing to me so far. Why? Is there something I don't know? What if he's after something else? But what can be more important than blood?

"Come on, Bitch-chan, we still have some time to enjoy ourselves."
"That's right. I want to taste you."
"Reiji-san, where's my school uniform?" Ignore them and they will simply go away. Yeah right, as if this ever worked for me.