Chapter 40: The Proposal

6 months after their son arrived, Chris took Quinn on a little date to the beach. "Ready to go?" Chris asked as he secretly placed a picnic basket where she couldn't see it.

"Yeah." Quinn said with a smile. Chris had hired a babysitter to watch Zachary. He pulled out of the driveway.

Quinn and Chris sang along to the radio on the way there. Laughing and enjoying themselves.

About a half hour later Chris parked the car, grabbed the picnic basket, opened Quinn's door, and walked with her along the shore.

"It's such a beautiful evening out. Thank you for bringing me here." She said. "Anytime. Ready for dinner?" He asked.

"Sure." She replied. Chris took her to a picnic table where he'd set up the picnic. "Oh wow. You did all of this...  for me? Awww you even made my favorite." Quinn said and smiled.

"I'd do anything for you." Chris replied. He poured her a glass of non alcoholic wine. They had a nice romantic dinner before taking another walk along the beach just before sunset.

"You know, I've never been treated so well.  This is all so new to me... but I love that I found you." Quinn said.

"I feel the same way. Which is why I wanted to ask you something." Chris replied.

"What is it?" She asked as she looked at the sunset. Chris got down one knee. "Look at me." He said softly.

She turned toward him and covered her mouth. "What's happening?" She asked with tears in her eyes.

Olena was hiding somewhere on the beach and had snapped a photo.

Chris looked up at her and said "Quinn, I never knew what true love was until I met you. You and Zachary have managed to turn my life upside down. In an amazing way. I want to start my life with you. Will you do me the greatest honor of becoming my wife?"

"Yes. Absolutely yes." Quinn said as tears streamed down her cheeks. She hugged and kissed him.

Chris wiped her tears away and kissed back as he slid the engagement ring on her finger. "I'm so glad you said yes." He says as they watch the sun go down the rest of the way.

A/N: make sure you check out the photo above! Only cause it's beautiful.