Chapter 38: A Father's Promise

2 weeks came and went and soon Chris and Quinn found themselves in the hospital.

Quinn was asleep. Chris, was sitting next to her bed cradling a tiny baby boy. He rocked the baby and began to speak to him.

"I know you probably can't understand me, but I want you to know that you have become my world. You see, I may not be your biological father; but I will always love you as though you are my own.

You may not know what I mean. That's ok. A real father, is someone who is always there.

Being a father doesn't have to do with blood. It has to do with whoever is willing to raise you.

So, here is my promise. I promise to love you. I promise to be there for you. I promise to make you my priority. You will always come first.

This is my first time holding you, and it won't be my last. I will hold you forever. In my heart.

You'll always be my bright shining star. You'll never have to worry as long as I'm here. No matter what happens.

Your mother and I will always love you.... because you are our baby boy. We love you very much Zachary."

Zachary fell asleep in Chris's arms. He held the baby to his chest for a bit. "Who knew one woman, and someone so tiny could change my life?"

A/N: a little short, but it says it all. ❤️ Happy Valentine's Day. -Alexis