Chapter 37: Quinn Meets The Family

Some people say love at first sight isn't real. However, for Chris, he believes it is because it happened to him.

He met Quinn and before he knew it; he was doing everything he could for her. A few months have passed since that day he bumped into her on the sidewalk.

He gave it a month before asking her out on a date. To which she had said yes. Now, she was 8 months pregnant and quickly approaching motherhood.

Chris had only been dating Quinn for 4 months but he felt he was ready to take on the challenge of raising the baby.

Chris and Quinn were laying in bed. A bed they now shared. "Do you really want to be in mine and the baby's life? You don't have to be. You're not the dad. I'm not gonna force you to be with me." Quinn asked

"I do. I really really do." Chris replied without hesitation. "Why?" She asked. Chris rubbed Quinn's belly. "Because I love you.... and If I love you, I love this baby too."

The baby was kicking in response to Chris's voice. "Yes, I feel you. I know you're in there." He said, to which the baby kicked more.

"Nearly there." Quinn giggled and placed her hand on top of Chris's. "Sure are. So, how are your students?" He asked.

"They're doing okay but the class average is like a C." Quinn replied with a giggle. Chris laughed "They'll get the hang of it." He said as he passed her a bottle of ginger ale from the mini fridge. 

Chris leaned over and kissed her. "How'd you like to meet my parents?" He asked.

"Well, I have no choice. I'm about to have a baby. I'd like them to know about him before I have him." She replied.

"That makes sense but why?" Chris asked. Quinn took a deep breath. "If you don't mind.... I'd like you to sign the birth certificate. That'll give you full parental rights since my ex already signed his over.  That is, IF you want to be his father."

Chris said "I'll have to talk to a couple people and think about it but the answer will most likely be a yes."

———
Four hours later, Chris pulled up at the park where the Rupp's were having a family cookout. He turned to Quinn. "You ready?"

She nodded. Chris went to the passenger side and opened her door. He helped her out.

The two made their way to the picnic table. "Mom? Dad? This is Quinn." Chris said

"Hi. We've heard so much about you. Chris just doesn't stop talking about you." Cindy said, embracing Quinn in a soft hug.

"Untle Tiss! You're here!" Cerise yelled. She stopped in her tracks when she sees Quinn standing next to him.

"Who's she?" She asked. Quinn smiles softly. "You must be Cerise, I'm Quinn. I'm your uncle's girlfriend."

"Is there a baby in your tummy?" The four year old asked. Chris laughed. "Straight to the point."

"Cerise, go play." Adam said as he and Ericha joined the adults. Baby Stephen was fast asleep in his baby carrier that Ericha had strapped to her chest.

"You look about due." Ericha said, smiling. "Oh, yeah. Just a couple more weeks of all this." Quinn said.

Chris and Quinn had a good time with his family. They sat around talking about everything from music to the baby. After about two hours, They went home.

They were too full from lunch to make any kind of dinner so they curled up on the couch with a good book and some warm cocoa.

"Today was fun." Quinn said. Chris smiled. "It was. I'm glad you like my family." He said.

"How can I not? They're so kind." She replied. Chris shook his head softly. "That's a surprise. Mom doesn't like most of the women I've been with. Mostly because they couldn't treat me right."

Quinn rubbed her stomach and snuggles into Chris. "I love you." She said. Chris planted a kiss on her lips. "I love you too."