Chapter 35: The One

Chris was walking to Starbucks when he bumped into a woman on the sidewalk. "Oh, I'm sorry." He said. The woman softly smiled at him. "That's alright. Happens all the time."

He sat down on the sidewalk next to her. "So.... why are you out here alone? Don't you have anywhere to go?" He asked.

The woman frowned. "I'm pregnant and when my ex boyfriend found out.... he kicked me out." She said.

Chris pulled the woman into a hug. "I'm so sorry. Is there anything I can do for you?" He said.

The woman shrugged. "Hey, what's your name?.... and why did you sit here?" She asked.

"I'm Chris. I sat here because I figured you could use some company. What's your name?" He replied.

"I'm Quinn." She told him. "What do you say we go get some coffee or something? I'll buy." Chris replied.

"Well, Hot Chocolate sounds nice." Quinn said and smiled softly. She followed Chris into the cafe next door.

He ordered and paid before sitting with her. "Tell me about yourself." He said. Quinn took a deep breath.

"I'm Quinn Andrews, I'm 36, I'm 4 months pregnant, and I teach sign language to High School students. You?"

Chris smiles. "I'm Chris Rupp, I'm 38, and I sing. I have the most adorable niece. As well as a 4 month old nephew." He replied.

"So you made a career out of singing?" She asked. "Absolutely. I founded bands like Home Free and 7th Ave. As well as my own foundation called The Chris Rupp Project." Chris said.

"That's cool." She replied. "I have an idea. Why don't you come stay with me until you have your baby? I'd hate for you to have him or her without a place to go." He said.

"Are you sure? I'd hate to intrude." Quinn asked nervously. "Absolutely, I'll even get you what you need. When's the last time you had any food in your stomach?" Chris asked.

"A couple days ago." She said. Chris ordered her something to eat. "Now.... what do you say? You don't have to stay but.... my home is your home if you so wish it to be." He replied.

Quinn thought for a minute before she said anything. "Well..... I do need somewhere to go... I guess staying with you won't hurt." She replied.

She and Chris ate before he took her to his house.

———

"This is it." Chris said as he stepped inside with her. He gave her a tour of the house. First he led her down the hall and to the left. "This is where the bathroom is. The guest room is where you'll stay. It's right next door."

Quinn stepped into the guest room. It was fairly big. It had a queen sized bed with blue sheets, blue walls, and blue curtains. "Wow." She said.

"I hope you like it. This room is only touched when my niece stays over..... as you can see.... she likes blue." Chris said as he followed her in.

"Well, that explains the toy box in the corner. That's so sweet that you personalized it just for her." Quinn giggled.

"She spends most of her time in here when she stays. So I wanted her to be comfortable." Chris replied.

Quinn got the rest of the tour. "Woah...." Quinn said when she got downstairs to his home recording studio.

"Now, this is where I spend most of my time when my band is here." Chris said.

"I can see why. It's amazing." She replied.

Chris led her back to the living room and sat on the couch with her. "you obviously have siblings." Quinn said.

Chris laughed. "Oh yes. A little brother and a little sister. Adam is 35 and Tristin is 31."

"I'm an only child. I'm not letting my kid be an only child. I want a total of three." Quinn said

"Three is a great number." Chris replied. He soon felt Quinn curl up next to him but he didn't mind. He found it nice.

Quinn fell asleep with her head on his lap. Chris smiles softly. He carries her down the hall to the guest room.

As he tucked her in, he couldn't help but admire how beautiful she was. He moved a piece of Strawberry Blonde hair out of her face. "

"Wow. She's.... beautiful." He said under his breath as he turned out the light and shut the door.

A/N: Holy Crap! Lol, I wrote this chapter in my notes and found out I had a total of 740 words without the note. With this note, this chapter is a whopping 775 words. Enjoy!