Chapter 12: The Baby Talk

"Oh.... you do?" Adam says. "Yes." Cerise replied. Ericha took a deep breath. "Daddy and I will..... talk about it. It doesn't mean it will happen though."

———

As Adam was putting away laundry Ericha came up behind him and put her arms around his waist. "7 years of marriage and not once have you asked me to do your laundry. I love that." She says.

"I'm a grown man. I can do my own." Adam replies with a laugh. "I think we should have the baby talk." Ericha says. Adam replied with "I do too."

The two sat on the bed. "Do you think we could handle another?" Ericha says. "Well, it'd take some time to adjust... and alot of sleepless nights but.... another baby would be nice." Adam replies.

"Are we.... ready?" Adam asks. Ericha smiles softly. "Yeah, I think so. I mean, Cerise will be four next month. Maybe it's time to add on." Adam simply agreed and finished the laundry.
———
Cerise hadn't heard the conversation as she was busy painting her cats nails. While they were talking, Cerise, who was supposed to be taking a nap, had also drawn on her bedroom walls with crayons.

Ericha came down the hall to check on Cerise. Cerise heard the footsteps and quickly jumped back in bed.

Ericha pokes her head in the door to see the mess. "Cerise Isabelle Rupp. What did you do?" Cerise pretended to be asleep.  "Ugh, Adam! She did it again." Ericha says.

"Sneaky sneaky girl." Adam replies and begins to wash the walls. Making a mental note to put her in time out when he's done.