"Okay..." I nod when he pauses, blowing out an exasperated breath.  He wipes his forehead and runs his hand over his shaved head before continuing.

"I know my designers.  I know them well," he says, his voice hushed but hard.  "I analyze their work, I oversee everything they create, I've been though their portfolios countless times.  I've made it my job as team director to know each of my departments inside and out.  You can understand that, can't you?" I nod and he nods in return as if justifying himself.  "Apple has had the same clean and sleek look for years, and now Pear is in the game and wants the same look.  They are nowhere near being competition but Apple still wants to keep their game two steps ahead.  What better way to do that than redesigning?  Make the other guys look like they're old news, picking up discarded designs, right?

"Skylar, this design was illegally released before Apple has even announced this new model of the iPhone.  Like I said to you before, I know my designers and it wouldn't be the first time someone at Parker had played dirty."

"So what you're saying is that you think someone is selling designs to Apple illegally?" I say, keeping my voice low as more people file into the office.

"It kills me to say it, but yes.  While working for Parker, designers are only to design for clients of the company by contract.  If this design belongs to a Parker designer, then not only is there fault on someone here, but there is also fault on Apple's end.  Contractually, this design belongs to the Parker copyright."

"Even if the design was just a scrapped idea?" I inquire, hopefully casually.

"Unfortunately, yes, as it is being used to advertise now even if it was never meant to."

"Okay, I understand all of this, but why are you telling me?" I question, peering around the office and noticing that it is filling steadily.

"I know its not you, your designs are a lot more subtle than this, smoother.  Again, I hate to say it, but Zayn and Liz have very similar styles.  They can both adapt very well to what a client wants, but their preferred style is similar.  I was hoping you'd help me out.  I know this is a legal issue but if you have any information you can give me it would be greatly appreciated," he nearly pleads.  He runs his hand over his head again, looking increasingly disheveled as the conversation goes on.   His blue eyes are on me, waiting for my response.  He speaks again when I withhold my answer, "It's not only me considering fault in my team, every team director in the building has seen this, even Parker is pulling possible names for investigation.  Please, I know you are friends with them, all I'm asking if for you to keep an ear out."

"Um, yeah, of course," I nod and give him a small reassuring smile.  I'm not really able to say no, if I did it would look terrible on my part.

"Thank you, it's extremely appreciated," he says, forcing a small smile as some of the angst dissolves from his face.  He leans back in his chair, turning his monitor back to its original position.

I stand to leave as the last few team members enter the office and take their seats.  No one is looking in my direction or glancing over at me.  It's probably best this way, no questions to answer from anyone else.  I already feel uncomfortable with this as it is, I don't need to added stress.

"Oh, Skylar," Scott calls before I'm too far away.  I approach his desk again, raising my eyebrows questioningly.  "Even though it could belong to one of our designers, it might not be them who gave it up.  It really could be anyone, keep that in mind," he says and I nod before turning to leave again.

I take my seat again and continue working but am unable to focused like I was before.  I'm all too aware that I could tell Zimm right this moment that I have seen the design before, but something is holding me back.