Forty Two.

Holla!

just in case you were confused, Scott and Zimm is the same person... Scott Zimm is his name;)

xx

...

The phone rings at my desk and I answer it, pressing the receiver to my ear.  Talia tells me Mr. Parker wants to see me in his office and I thank her for the message.  I let Scott know where I'm headed before leaving the office, dragging my feet. 

This is the third time I've been called to see Mr. Parker this week and I've spent hours each day sitting with Scott Zimm at his desk.  I'm not even nervous to see Parker anymore sine I've been to see him so many times this week alone.  It seems the scandal from a few years ago is being reviewed again and it is being taken under consideration that an illegal middle man is involved in this deal like the first.  I've somehow been dragged into this and am now having conferences with both my bosses to help them find where the design came from.  There is still no guarantee it came from a Parker employee, but Mr. Parker feels we should keep investigating until the authorities get involved.

I can feel Harry's eyes on me as I leave.  I know he's more than curious about what I've been talking about with Scott and Parker, but he hasn't asked or mentioned anything.  Despite my promise to Zimm and Parker that I wouldn't tell anyone, I feel like I owe it to Harry to be honest with him.  I don't want to start out our relationship again with secrets and lies, that didn't get us anywhere last time and I'm sure it won't be any different now.  Plus, I still haven't mentioned that the design is Zayn's and I'm not sure what to do about it.  I'm certain he would never sell his design illegally, he couldn't have.

I make my way in the elevator up to the top floor of the building.  I simply nod and wave to the receptionist, Nancy, before heading down the short corridor to Mr. Parker's office.  I've been in and out of here so many times I don't even have to confirm that I've been called up by Parker.

I knock on one of the large wooden doors before pushing it open.  Parker waves me in and I take my usual seat in front of his desk.  I expect this to be the same type of meeting as we've had all week where he speculates over theories and suspects and I give him my input.  I'm growing rather bored of it all.  I take a deep breath and let it out as a sigh before sinking into the comfy chair, ready for a long conversation.

Mr. Parker sits behind his desk and watches me, examining my face carefully with his dark eyes before asking, "Harry Styles... he's special to you isn't he?"

I freeze, not exactly prepared for his question.  I sit up a little straighter and tug at the bottom of my blazer nervously.  The fluttering in my stomach and the sweatiness of my palms that I had the first time I entered this office returns.  I'm not at all comfortable discussing Harry and I with my boss.  I'm not sure where he's going with this, but it doesn't feel good to me.  I don't even know how he could have found out, who would have told him directly.  Sure, Harry and I hold hands around the office and act like a couple but Parker is never around to see it. 

"Um, I suppose so," I say, clearing my throat at the end, my voice strained.

"Oh, don't be like that," he chuckles, waving a hand in the air.  "I know you two are close, I'm just wondering how close you are."