Angel!Reader x Jean: Guardian

Start from the beginning

"I know, Jean Kristein, right? I'm (y/n). I've been watching over you since you were born." You greeted.

"You mean, you've been with me every single day?" Jean asked, his eyes wide.

"Yeah! Every time you trip and regain balance, it was me who helped you. And when you get that warm feeling when you're in a cold room, it was me who gave you warmth. I take away your pain when you get sick. Sometimes, there's this voice in your head, right? I did all that!" You said proudly.

"Wow, I-uh- t-thanks... I guess." Jean blushed, you chuckled and sat on the air.

"I'm about to die anyways, why bother coming to watch over me?" Jean asked coldly. You frowned and took his cold hand in your warm hand.

"Because, timed or not, everyone deserves to be happy. Whether they're about to die or not." You replied seriously. Jean made a 'tch' noise and laid on the bed, turning his back on you.

"Ignore me if you want, Jean. I'm not going anywhere." You pouted and crossed your arms, sitting crossed legged on the sofa.

Doctors, Nursers and some of Jean's family and friends came to check on the brunette. He had meals, medicine, a bath and a check-up. You listened intently as you played with your wings.

During one check-up, you caught Jean staring at you. You smiled and giggled when Jean blushed and looked away.

"Are you okay, Jean? You've gone red, do you have a fever?" The doctor asked.

"N-no... I-it's nothing, doc." Jean stuttered. You held back a laugh.

Over a few weeks. You continued to watch over Jean and visit him. At first, he was distant, but then, as time went by, he became totally open to you.

"And I have this friend named Marco, we've been the best of friends and classmates since kinder. He was the freckled guy who would visit me every day." Jean said.

"Yes, I've seen him going to and fro from your room. You two are awfully close." You giggled.

"Hey, (y/n)?" Jean called.

"Yes?"

"What's Heaven like?" Jean asked, your eyes widened but soon, you smiled.

"Heaven, just like the way you humans would describe it, is indeed paradise. There's no rich or poor, stuffed or starving, quenched or thirsty. No one is naked, homeless nor alone. Up there, we are clothed, housed and never alone. We're all one up there." You described.

"One..." Jean mumbled.

"Why did you ask?"

"Well... I want to know what to expect when I go to Heaven when I die." Jean replied, you smiled sadly.

"I don't know, Jean. Didn't you steal Marco's stuffed horse when you were little?" You smirked.

"H-how did you-?!" Jean panicked, you laughed.

"I'm your Guardian Angel, Jean. I watch over you. And of course you'll go to Heaven!" You said.

"Heh... I wonder how long I have left?"

Shatter.

Your heart shattered, why? Why did it shatter? You felt like crying and holding Jean close to you. Yet, you did no such thing. You froze in your spot.

"Sorry... St. Micheal's calling, excuse me, Jean." You lied as you got out from the window, you turned back and Jean waved and smiled at you. You felt like crying once more.

You flew to a graveyard where a hooded figure was watching the moon on one of the tomb stones.

"What brings an angel in my precense?" The chilly voice said. You gulped.