Chapter 44

I wake up to the doorbell ringing. I sit up noticing Jc still isn't home. I hear Jc ringing door bell again.
"I'm coming" I yell getting up from my bed slowly fixing myself. I hear the doorbell ring again but not stopping this time. I start walking downstairs. "Jc I'm coming. Its not my fault you forgot you fucking keys." I yell again but the doorbell ringing doesn't stop. I run to the door opening it quickly. "Jc stop. You're going..." I stop midsentence noticing that the one ringing the doorbell isn't Jc.
"Oh...umm...Hey Cassie" Mr.Roger says looking nervous. I look at him shocked not being able to reply. "I'm sorry. I freaked you out. I'll just go" He says about to walk away.
"No. Its fine. I just wasn't expecting you. I'm sorry sir" I say smiling.
"You don't have to call me sir anymore. You're not in school" I smile lightly and open the door more.
"Would you like to come in?"
"Sure." He replies as he walks in seeing jow empty the house is.
"Oh I'm sorry it looks empty. I'm actually leaving to New York tomorrow for college." I say closing the door behind me.
"Thats great. I'm just happy that you're finally going to be chasing your dream. Most girls would let some boys get in the way and not go to college at all but mot you. You didn't let anything get in the way. Not even those asshole that made me get fired and just basically embarrassed you" He says walking into the kitchen leaning on the counter. I just respond with a smile thinking about that day. I honestly can't believe that I didn't let that day ruin me. I also can't believe I'm dating the guy that made that day happen. I can't believe I'm in love with the guy that made that happened.
"I'm sorry. I brought it up. I shouldn't have done that" I hear Mr.Rogers say interrupting my thoughts.
"No its fine. Just shocked that I didn't let that day get to me either" I say sitting on top of the other counter in front of him. "Anyway. How did you fine my house sir?"
"Let's just say I have really good memory. Remember when I dropped you off after that night" He ask and I nod my head in response. "Yeah. I remembered and I told you not to call me sir" I laugh and look up at him.
"What do you want me to call you?"
"My first name. Jake."
"Alright. Jake." I say laughing a little. Its stays quiet until the sound of my stomach starts to rumble.
"You hungry?"
"Yeah. I didnt eat. I barely woke up when you started ringing the doorbell."
"Alright. I'm going to order pizza" I says grabbing his phone calling a pizza place. I smile lightly grabbing my phone deciding to text Jc.
C: Jc where are you? Please text me back.
J: Don't worry.
C: Stop acting like this please Jc.
C: Will you please come home? I want to spend time with you before we leave tomorrow?

I look at my phone seeing that he read it. I wait a few seconds but there's no reply. I sigh heavily throwing my phone in front of me on top of the other counter. Jake looks at me confused while on the phone and i reply with a smile. I look down at my feet thinking about what am I doing. Am I making a mistake for hanging out with Jake? Will Jc be mad at me? I should just tell him to leave right now because Jc won't like this and I will tell him.

"Mom trouble?" Jake asks walking towards me. I look up at him realizing I didn't tell him about my mom.
"No...actually...ummm...she died. A few weeks ago." I see him stare at me with sad eyes not knowing what to say.
"Cassie. I'm so sorry. I didn't know"
"No. Its fine. A lot happened after you left though." I say fixing my hair.
"Like what?"
"After you left people told me to kill myself...so I cut my wrist but survived" I say showing him my scar. "After that Jc became my foster brother. My mom started dating again but that guy ended up raping me and...that's it."
"I'm so sorry that happened to you Cassie. If there is anything I can do please let me know. I want to help you" I feel him grab my hands, holding them. I look up at him seeing his face close to mine. I smile lightly pulling my hands back, pushing him away and jumping off the counter.
"Thank you sir but I'm fine now. I promise and I think you need to leave." I say walking towards the door.
"What? Cassie I've missed you so much and you want be to go?"
"Yes. I'm sorry"
"Why? It's not illegal anymore and I love you Cassie." Jake says as he walk towards me. "I've said this before and I'll say it again. I never thought I'd feel this way for a student but you're different." He says inches away from your face. You push him away looking up at him.
"I can't Jake. I already have a boyfriend!"
"Oh I'm sorry. But who?"
"Me!" I hear someone say next to us. We quickly turn our head seeing Jc at the door.
"Him Cassie?! Your foster brother and the asshole that made you almost took your life?" Jake yells at me in my face. I look down scared not knowing what to do.
"You know what yes I made a mistake but I was so miserable with my life that I waned to make her life miserable too because I knew her future was bright and I was jealous but she forgave when she didn't have to"
"Oh my God Cassie you forgave him?! Are you that stupid?!" I look up at him and push him away from me almost making him fall backwards.
"I guess I am stupid because I forgave but you know what you might think is stupider? I'm in love with him. Even after all the shit he put me through. Even after the shit he will put me through in the future. I will still love him no matter what because I fell in love with my bully" He looks at me shocked as it stays quiet. "Get out of my house. Now" I say looking at him.
"I'm sorry Cassie. I really am. I guess I was the only one that felt something that night" I stay quiet looking at him feeling bad but I don't say anything. He starts walking towards looking down. He slowly opens the door but looks at me quickly like he remembered something. "You told me you were moving to New York just know that I moved there too and if you need a place to stay I'll..."
"Oh get out old ass" Jc says pushing him out locking the door behind him. Jc turns around looking at me. I look at him but walk up to my room.
"Cassie why'd you let him in the house knowing what happened between you two?" I look at him but turn around quickly heading towards my room.
"I wanted to catch up with him but I didn't know he still had feelings for me"
"Cassie no one can get over you. You shouldn't have let him." I hear him following me.
"I'm sorry." I say sitting down on my bed.
"I'm sorry too. You know for being gone all night. I stayed at Kian's house"
"I understand." I look down at my feet scared to look at him.
"You just want to stay here watching Disney movies? I'll order pizza." Jc asks then we hear the doorbell ring.
"Pizza's here. He already ordered because I was hungry"
"That's fine. Put in whatever movie you want while I go get the pizza" I smile getting up and putting on Tarzan. I walk back to the bed getting comfortable as I see Jc come in with the pizza.
"He already paid for it so free pizza for us" He says as he sits next to me. I quickly open the piza box taking a slice ans biting into the pizza.
"Mmmm. Fucking heaven" I say hear ing Jc laugh next to me after. I press play and we both continue eating while watching the movie. I look at Jc watching him eat with his eyes glued to the tv. I smile admiring him. He's honestly the best thing that ever happened to me. Yeah he put me through a lot of shit but he made me stronger.