Chapter 14

I hear the bell ring to go home and see everyone rush out of the classroom. I walk out and see Jc sitting up against the lockers waiting for me.

So we're keeping our relationship a secret from everyone. No one knows about our relationship. I dont know how long we'll keep it a secret but I'm hoping no one finds out. I'm not ready yet to tell everyone that I'm dating Jc Caylen.

"Hey, you ready to go home? We're suppose to meet Jackie's boyfriend" Jc says next to me as we head for the exit.
"Yeah. I am. Just hope he treats my mom good."
"I hope so too. If he doesn't your mom can fight for herself. She's tough. I mean she did break the principal's nose"
"Haha. True" I say laughing looking at Jc. I look back in front of me and notice a guy who looks like he got beat up pretty bad looking at me and Jc ugly.
"Got a problem?" I say looking say and he laughs.
"Only with Jc" He then walks away bumping into Jc's shoulder on purpose.
"You know him Jc?" He looks forward and shakes his head no
"Let's just go home" He says and walks faster with me.

We walk through the front door only to get greeted by mom.
"Heys guys. I'm gonna head to the grocery store to get everything ready for tonight. I already cleaned up just get ready for tonight. Wear something nice please" My mom said going through her purse like she's looking for something.
"We will mom. Don't worry. Just go get what you need"
"I would love to if I can find my fucking car keys!!" She says getting mad looking through her purse fast. I look at her hand and notices she's holding them.
"Right hand" She looks and sighs looking down.
"Just breathe Ms.Gonzalez. Everything will be fine. I promise" Jc says hugging her. I see my mom smile, hugging Jc back. My mom breaks the hug and walks out heading to the grocery store. Jc looks at me with a smile.
"You going to tell me who that guy was school?" His smile fades quickly. He kisses my head softly and walk upstairs. I follow behind him but head to my room.

I change into sweat pants and a hoodie since its getting a little cold to me. I lay on my bed thinking how does Jc know that guy who was beat up badly. Why won't he tell me? Does it have to do something with me? I get out of my thought when I hear a notification go off on my phone. I turn it on, noticing my favorite YouTuber Shane Dawson made a new video. I smile with joy and click the video.

I laugh non-stop while watching the video because of how funny he is but I hear a knock on my door half way through it and see Jc walk in. I look back at my phone still watching the video. I feel Jc sit next to me on my bed waiting for me.
"What are you doing?" He ask
"Watching Shane Dawson on YouTube" I reply knowing he's not paying attention to me by getting lost in his thoughts.
"Can I talk to you?"
"Sure. I'm listening" I say putting down my phone looking at him.
"On Friday when you threw the Halloween dance. What do you remember?"
"Going in to the dance and heading to the back. I remember playing spin the bottle then beer pong but the put something stronger. Once I was done with beer pong i went to the bathroom and someone was there. The person kissed me but I couldn't tell who. I just make out a mask the person was wearing. Then the person walked off saying sorry and I go back drinking more...but that's it" I say looking down
"Well, when my friend called me saying that he saw you drinking I rushed over there to help you. I heard that they were gonna try getting you drunk to ruin your life...I couldn't let happen. The guy in the hallway tried taking you so I fought him...then everyone found out I'm your foster brother because I said it out loud..." I see Jc looking down kind of sad.
"Was there anything else that happened?"
"When I brought you home...you were throwing yourself on me"
"Did we...umm..."
"No. I couldn't do that while you were drunk"
"Thank you Jc...Is there anything else?"
He looks out the window then at me quickly with a smile.
"No. That's it."
"Okay" I say and lay down. Jc lays down next to me and I lay my head on his chest wrapping my arm around him.
"I'm tired"
"Go to sleep. I'll be here" Jc says stroking my hair
"Thank you Jc for telling the truth. I can trust you now"
"Shhhh. Go to sleep Beautiful. I'll wake you up when they come" I close my eyes and drift off to sleep thinking how lucky I am to have Jc as my boyfriend.