Chapter 35

Jc's POV

I stare at Jackie's dead body on the hospital bed with a blanket over. She's dead. She's actually dead. She's never coming back. I just can't believe it. The one women that accepted me into her family and never sent me back is a actually gone. Forever.

I look at Cassie in front of me just staring at her mom. "Cassie..." I say walking to her about to grab her hand but I see her run off. I go run after her but gets stopped by one of the nurse.
"Hello I understand the loss of your mother must be hard for you and Cassie but I just want to let you know that I will wanna pay for everything if you're willing to let me" I look at her kind of shocked. My mom just died and she wants to pay for everything which is really kind of her. We have money to pay for it but Cassie and I kind of need it when we move to New York for her dream college if she gets accepted.

I look at the nurse and she gives me a light smile. "That'll be great. Thank you"
"You're welcome. I understand that you both need it for college so I don't mind at all"
"Thank you. I'll give you my number later. Right now I got to look for Cassie." I say running off behind her to find Cassie.
I exit the hospital entrance and looks around for Cassie.
"CASSIE?!" I yell out but don't get a response back. I start running to the car we came in while grabbing the keys. I get in turning it on and drive around looking for her. I hope I find her and fast. I don't wanna lose her. I can't lose anymore people.

....

I've been looking for Cassie all over San Antonio and I can't find her any where. I asked people all over and nothing. It's raining right now and I don't know if she's safe and dry or wet and getting sick. I just hope she's okay. I hope she's not hurt or anything. I need to know if she's safe or not.

I notice a person with long curly hair just like Cassie's walking on the sidewalk.
"Cassie?" I roll down the widow trying to get Cassie's attention.
"CASSIE?!" I yell loudly making her turn around but instead of Cassie it's a guy.
"Oh I'm sorry sir. I thought you were my girlfriend" I say and he looks at me weird.
"Its fine. What does she look like maybe I've seen her" I grab my phone going through my gallery. I find one so I show him the picture knowing that he won't recognize her because no one did.
"Oh I've seen her. She was laying down on the ground looking at the sky crying. I didn't wanna bother."
"Where at?"
"A few blocks down there but that was a few minutes ago..."
"Thank you so much" I reply making a quick U-turn to go find her. I keep driving down the road until I see the park. I was almost there until I actually see a women looking like Cassie laying against a dumpster. I quickly stop the car, getting down running to her. I see her shivering while being soaked cuz of the rain. I quickly carry her bridal style and run to the car.
"Mommy..." I hear her whisper. I look at her feeling bad because she still thinks her mom is still alive.
"Shhh beautiful. It'll be okay" I say putting her in the passengers seat. I put on her seatbelt then lay the chair back so she can rest a bit. I close the door behind me heading to the back of the car grabbing a blanket and rushing to the driver seat. I get in the car shutting the door behind me quickly putting the blanket over Cassie's body trying to keep her warm. I turn up the heater in the car making it face her and start driving to the house.

...

When we get to the house I run to open the front door. As soon as I open it I run to the passengers door, opening it carrying Cassie shutting the car door behind me. I start to run to the house trying not to get Cassie anymore wet from the rain. I get inside the house kicking the door shut behind me and walking upstairs to Cassie's room. I see the door to her room open so I walk in laying her gently on her bed. I grab a pair of shorts and shirt from her dresser and walk back to her. I start taking off her wet clothes throwing them on the ground and changing her into her dry clothes trying not to wake her up. I finally finish putting on her dry shirt so I lay her down back on the bed gently covering her up with the blanket.
"I'm so sorry Cassie..." I say kissing her head. I grab the wet clothes from the floor heading downstairs to the laundry room.

As I walk out the laundry room I go to the living room sitting on the couch not really sure what to do.

"Alright. Hello Justin. I'm Jackie Gonzalez. You're mother? It's up to you if you want to call me that" The women with brown straight hair says walking towards me with a smile.
"Not really" I reply but as soon as I said that I see her smile fade quickly.
"T-That's understandable Justin but just know that I know you've been through a lot and I'm here if you need anything."
"You're just going to get rid of me like the rest of the mothers. Trust me Jackie. I know"
"I won't do that. Those mothers were weak. They weren't ready to have a kid. Me. I have a 17 year old daughter who I raised all on my own. I'm ready for whatever comes my way with you. If you get in trouble I will discipline you like a real mother would. If you need to cry, I'm hear to let you cry on me. If you need to talk to anyone about any problems, I will be here listening you and giving you advice. If you get in a fight, I will hear your side of the story first. If it's your fault I will tell you. If it's not I will have to kick somebody's ass. I can't promise you that your life will be perfect but I can promise you that I will never in a million years give you back. Once you have me in your life your stuck with me forever. I will try to be the best mom you'll ever have." Jackie says holding my hand. I know I barely know this women but I know that she meant every word that she said.

I fall on my knees in front of the couching crying my eyes out about the memory I had.
"I'm so sorry mom for being an asshole to you when we first met but thank you for keeping your promise." I cry harder laying my head on the couch where she sat. I've been holding all of this in for Cassie but I can't anymore, knowing that the women that kept her promise....my mother...is gone. Forever.