Chapter 39

I look at myself in my mirror wearing my cap and gown for graduation. I smile thinking about how much my mom would be so proud of me.
"You look beautiful, beautiful" I see Jc behind me with a huge smile.
"Thank you babe" I say chuckling at him. I look down at the ground having the thought in my head that my mom would be crying right now taking pictures of me. I close my eyes stepping away from the mirror.
"Shhh it's okay beautiful" Jc says taking me into his arms. I cry into his chest holding onto him tightly.
"I was just thinking about how my mom would be crying and taking pictures of me right now"
"I know beautiful but you she would be so proud of you and she's still watching you crying years of joy that her little girl is graduating high school" I smile lightly knowing he's right. She's not here physically but she's watching me in my cap and gown waiting for me to walk the stage. "Thank you so much babe" I say pulling away from him looking up at him.
"No problem beautiful" He says pushing a piece of hair behind my ear. I look into his beautiful brown eyes and he grabs my face with his hand wiping the tears away with his thumb. I smile lightly and tiptoe to kiss him gently. He kisses me back softly but we pull away when we hear the alarm go off on my phone.
"Time for my beautiful girlfriend to walk the stage so she can finally get out of high school" I chuckle a little looking back in the mirror fixing my make up.
"Okay. Let's go babe" I say taking his hand and we walk downstairs so I can finally graduate and start my career.

....

Jc's POV

I was sitting in front of the stage waiting for Cassie's name to be called. This graduation thing is so long but for Cassie is worth waiting. I hear a few people's name I knew be called but Cassie's name couldn't come soon enough. I look at the paper following the name that was being called. She only need ten more people then she'll be called but it went lower to five then lower till two. I put the paper down and get the air horn ready. Finally I hear "Cassie Gonzalez going into the Columbia University in the City of New York" I press the air horn making everyone jump in front of me as I cheer for Cassie. I notice her looking my way and laughing. I smile lightly glad that I made her laugh. When she walks off the stage I ignore all the other names being called and play on my phone. I notice I get a text from Kian.
(K=Kian
J=Jc)
K: Heard you blow the air horn for Cassie. So extra😂
J: Of course anything for her.
K: So bummed out that you can't walk the stage.
J: I deserved not to anyway for what I did to Crowley
K: Jc, we both know it wasn't your fault.
J: Oh well.
K: Anyway...You should come to the graduation party I'm throwing tonight. It'll be awesome.
J: I don't wanna leave Cassie alone.
K: Nah, your sister can come to. I don't mind. She seems cool anyway.
J: I'll talk to her about it.
K: Alright. Gtg. About to announce the graduates.

"Class of 2018 please stand" I hear and everyone stands up. I look at them smiling wishing I was there. "Graduates please move your tassel to the left" Everyone does what they're told. "Congratulation class of 2018. You officially graduated high school" Everyone cheers throwing their cap in the air. I wipe away the tear that came down my cheek. I really wished I was there. I walk out of the building going to the doors where Cassie should be coming out. I find Cassie and she runs up to me hugging me tightly. I lift her up spinning around in circles.
"How does it feel being out of High School?" I ask as I set her down.
"A fucking miracle. Now gotta do another 4 years of college"
"Then after that you'll be a famous author" She smiles lightly and hugs me as as we walk to the car.

I'm so proud of Cassie. I really am, seeing the love of my life walking down that stage with a huge smile on her face receiving her diploma. I wish I was up there walking across the stage getting my diploma too. I have my diploma I just didnt get it in a graduation gown and cap walking down that stage. I wish I graduated with Cassie but I had to screw everything up.

"Babe. You okay?" I look up seeing Cassie look at me concerned.
"Yeah. Why?"
"You haven't opened up the car yet and you usually do that pretty quick."
"Sorry beautiful" I unlock the car getting inside. I turn the ignition on turning on the radio. I was about to put it on drive until Cassie turns off the radio and holds my hand.
"What's wrong Jc. Please tell me the truth" Cassie asks
"I just wish I was up there graduating with you."
"I'm sorry babe. I should of told him the truth instead of you taking the blame"
"No it's okay. I'm glad I did that just wish I still walked that stage with you."
"Sorry. " She says looking down.
"Its not your fault beautiful. Let's go home" I say kissing her cheek and driving off to go home.

Its not Cassie's fault. She shouldn't blame herself for it. It was the asshole that was setting her up to ruin her future but I'm glad I got in the way of that because Cassie wouldn't be where she's at now. Cassie is going to a good college and about to live her dream writing books which makes her so happy. Her happiness is worth me not graduating and worth not walking that stage.