Chapter 42

I walk into the coffee shop a little nervous. I notice a big guy, with short brown wavy hair that covers a bit of his eyes and wearing a ACDC shirt with blue jeans and converse. I walk up to him knowing that this guy is my dad. I try to calming my breathing so he doesn't notice how nervous I am. When I get up to the table he looks up to me smiling. I notice that we have the same eye color, Hazel brown.
"Cassie?" He ask still looking up. I tried to say something but it just wouldn't come out. I didn't wanna look weird not saying anything so I quickly nod my head.
"My god. Your beautiful." He says hugging me but I don't hug back. He pushes the chair out for me to sit so I do also helping me scoot in. He quickly sits across from me with a smile just staring at me amazed but also sad eyes.
"Totally not awkward at all" I say looking away from him.
"Oh I'm sorry. You just look all like your mother." I smile lightly looking away trying not to cry.
"Yup. I get that a lot"
"How is she anyway? Last time I spoke to her she was..."
"She's dead" I cut him off looking at him in the eyes. I notice his eyes getting watery when I said that.
"She's...dead?" He asks shock and I nod my head in response. He looks down at his coffee but back up at me quickly.
"I'm sorry I wasn't there for you when she died"
"Its fine. I'm use to you not being there." He looks at me shocked.
"Look Cassie.."
"I said it's fine John. I had my boyfriend there comforting me because he actually cares"
"T-that's nice. Who's the lucky guy?"
"You don't know him"
"Look Cassie I don't like how your being rude towards me..." He starts but I cut him off quickly.
"How did you expect me to act towards you? All happy and jolly that I'm finally meeting the guy who wasn't there for me for 18 years?"
"Honestly. Yes" He says looking down
"Yeah. Well you thought wrong"
"I guess I did" He replies playing with the spoon. I sit there quietly thinking about what just happened. How rude I am towards him after I just walked in. I sigh lightly and look up him.
"Look I didn't want to come here mad at you but when I walked through those doors and I saw you...anger just took over me. I'm sorry"
"No Cassie I understand. Just let me catch up with you please and afterwards if you still wanna leave I'll let you." John says looking at him. I nod my head making him smile lightly.
"Alright. Now can I meet this lucky guy you're with?" He asks and I smile taking out my phone texting Jc, who was waiting in the car to come to the coffee shop.
"He's coming" I say setting my phone down. We soon hear the bell ring in the front of the cafe. I see Jc and walk up to him grabbing his hand.
"John this is Jc Caylen. My boyfriend"
"Jc. Nice to meet you" John says shaking his hand with a smile. Jc shakes his hand back and smiles lightly.
"Its nice to meet you too sir."
We all take our seats staying quiet not saying anything. I decide to ask the first thing that pops in my head.
"How did you meet my mom?" I see a smile grow on his face knowing he's remembering the first time he met her.
"It was one day after school. I was so stressed I decided to walk to this river that I only knew about or thought I only knew about. When I got there your mom was already swimming there. She quickly saw me and yelled at me because she thought I was stalking her when I wasn't. I had just gotten there...but after that we kept meeting up there to hang out. That's how we started dating" I smile lightly at his story.
"What did you like most about mom?"
"Her attitude. When we first met she gave me attitude" I laugh thinking about how rude my mom was towards everyone. Everyone except Jc and I.
"That day I saw her at the store I was shocked because she stayed the same. When I ask her if I could see you, she gave an attitude towards me and said no. She embarrassed me in front of so many people. I liked then hated her attitude" He says looking at me.
"I'm not trying to be rude but she had every right for saying no. I mean you left her alone at a young age and just come out of no where wanting to see me again. If I was mom I would've said no too."
"You're my daughter Cassie. It takes two people to make a baby. Not one" John basically yells making everyone look at us.
"And it takes two to raise it. Not one but yet mom still did it. Where the fuck were you?" I reply back. He looks at me shocked.
"You're just like your mother"
"Good. It's in my genes. Last time you walked away from her and me but this time I'm walking away from you. It was a mistake meeting up with you. Have a nice life" I say walking out but Jc grabs my hand.
"Cassie please. Just try..."
"No Jc! I'm done with him." I say pulling my hand back walking towards the door.
"Cassie! I'm sorry I walked out on you and your mom. I'm sorry for not being there for you for 18 years but know that I love you and I will do anything to make it up to you. I hope that some day you can forgive me." I stop looking at him but walk out the door quickly not wanting to hear him apologize anymore. I hold the door open waiting for Jc but he gets stopped by John.
"Jc please take care of my daughter" I hear John tell Jc. I look at Jc seeing him nod and walk out the cafe with me.

I never wanna see John again. I honestly thought I wanted him back in my life again but not after the argument we had. I still have so much hatred towards him. How can I love and forgive someone if I still have a lot of hate towards that person? I just can't be around him anymore. I couldn't even handle him for 30 minutes. I can't just have him in my life after him leaving my mom alone, not being there for any of my birthdays, not being there for my graduation, not being there for my first heart break, my first day of school, my school dances and not letting me have one father daughter dance. For not being there for anything! For so long I thought it was my fault for not having my dad there with me. I thought I wasn't good enough. I thought I was just a piece of shit and that I was the reason for not having a dad....but it wasn't me at all. It was him for not wanting to raise me and for leaving my mom alone. He's out of my life for good. He's dead as a dad to me.