Chapter 32

Cassie's POV

When Jc and I hear something heavy fall by the door we pull away quickly looking in that direction seeing my mom shocked.
"What the hell is this?!" My mom asks furious. "Are you guys dating or something? What the hell is this?!" I look at Jc then back at my mom.
"We've been dating for a few months now" I say holding Jc's hand. She looks at both of is shocked the grabs Jc by the shirt dragging him out
"No! I will not have this in my house!"
"Mom stop!!" I run to her pushing her off of Jc
"He's your brother Cassie! FUCKING BROTHER!!" She yells close to my face making me smell a bit of alcohol on her.
"Mom you've been drinking. We'll talk about this in the morning."  I try grabbing her arm taking her to her room but I feel her hand slap my cheek hard making me fall to the ground.
"NO! YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT CASSIE! THIS THING BETWEEN YOU AND JC IS OVER STARTING NOW!! THAT'S FINAL AND..."
"NO!! I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU SAY THIS 'THING' BETWEEN JC AND I ISN'T OVER. I CARE ABOUT HIM AND I WANT HIM FOREVER IN MY LIFE!!" I yell back at her standing up looking at her dead in the eyes.
"CASSIE DON'T YOU SEE THIS FOREVER SHIT ISN'T REAL! IT DIDN'T WORK WITH ME AND YOUR DAD IT'S NOT GONNA WORK WITH YOU AND JC!"
"You and I are different people mom"
"That's right. You're a tramp who will do anything for love" I look at her hurting at what she just said about me.
"Jackie that's not true. Cassie and I..." Jc interrupts pushing me behind him
"You zip it Jc. You leave MY house now or I will send you back to that foster place, where you'll be alone since the day your mom gave you up for drugs"
"If he goes I go with him. You either accept us together or lose both of us" I interrupt my mom holding Jc's hand. She looks at our hands together then back at us. She storms out the front door slamming it behind her. I feel tears forming in my eyes taking what just happened. I feel Jc's arm wrap around me as I cry in his arms. My mom couldn't accept us which hurts so much. To be honest out of all people I thought she would've accepted us. I guess I got my hopes to high. 

.....

I sit on the kitchen counter in pain holding my cheek from when my mom slapped me.
"Yeah. She hit you pretty bad. You're cheek is red" Jc says putting an ice pack in my cheek. I jump up a little feeling the cold ice pack on my cheek. I look at him smiling that he's helping but then looks down thinking about my mom.
"I should've told her the day you asked me out. I should've" I say holding it to my face. 
"Cassie you weren't ready yet. That's understandable" Jc says sitting on the counter in front of me.
"I know but if I had told her this wouldn't have happen"
"You don't know that. What if we told her and she acted the same way she did today?"
"I don't know..." It gets quiet for a while. None of us is talking. Just sitting down in silence. I laugh a little looking at Jc.
"You know I actually thought my mom was going to accept us being boyfriend and girlfriend."
"Same here but I'm guessing she didn't."
"Yeah" I look down remembering what happened when she found out.
"Cassie no matter what I'm still going to be by your side. If you're mom is going to kick me out then I'll go but I want you to stay here..." I look at Jc shocked as to what he was saying. I can't just let him leave the house again. I need him
"Jc I..."
"Please Cassie. I can't take care of us both and you gotta stay here finishing school. You're almost done with high school. Don't let me ruin that." He interrupts me.
"I don't know"
"Please beautiful. I promise that I will visit you everyday and we'll still be together. Just stay here with your mom. Please" Jc walks up to me placing his hands on my cheek looking at me in the eyes.
"Alright. I will"
"Alright. Thank you beautiful." He says pecking my lips.
"You're welcome" I smile. I feel him grab hold of my hands kissing them softly then looking back at me.
"I was going to say this to you before but my mom interrupted me but just know that I will always lo..." Jc gets interrupted again by the house phone ringing.
"Hold on. I'll get it" I say pushing him away and hopping off the counter. I walk towards the phone answering it.

"Hello?"
'Hello is this Cassie Gonzalez? Daughter of Jackie Gonzalez?'
"Yes this is. Who's asking"
'This is Rosita from the hospital located downtown. I'm afraid to tell you that your mother has been in a car accident and...well it doesn't look too good. Can you please come to the hospital right away?'