Chapter 6

Cassie's mom P.O.V

I hear something shatter and try so hard opening the door
"Cassie honey open the door please!!" I kick the door as hard as I can and kick more and more. I kick it one last time and the door swings open. I look at the mirror and see glass everywhere on the counter. I look down seeing my only daughter lying on the ground in a pool of blood around her with blood still coming out of her arm. I immediately grab my phone from my pocket and dial 911.
"Yes. Hello, My daughter just cut her wrist right now. There's blood every where please send an ambulance at 1213 oak street. Please hurry she's losing a lot of blood." I say panicking.
"Ma'am calm down. An ambulance is on their way right now. Wrap a towel around her wound and put pressure on it to stop the bleeding" I do what they tell me and I look at my daughter. I feel her heart still beating and I move her hair out of her face.
"I'm sorry Cassie. Mommy fucked up. I should have stayed and showed you love. I'm so so sorry" I cry kissing her head. A few minutes later the ambulance comes and takes my daughter out on a stretcher. I run to the car driving fast following the ambulance. We finally get to the hospital and I park behind them running inside following them. They stop me when they wheel her in through two doors.
"Excuse me Ms but you can't go through there" They say trying to push me away from the doors.
"No! I have to be with my daughter! I'm not leaving her alone!!" They keep to push me away but more nurses come in trying their hardest. I push them away from me stepping back
"I'M NOT LEAVING MY DAUGHTER ANYMORE. I'M NOT DOING THAT AGAIN....I already failed as a mom" I say falling to the ground crying my eyes out. A nurse lays her hand on my back and I just hug her. I cry harder and harder thinking that I might lose my daughter for good.

~4 hours later~

I sit in the waiting room alone with Lucky next to me and I get a call.

"Hello?"

"Hey, this is the Elisabeth. We talk on the phone this morning about the..."

"Yeah. Yeah i know. Umm..you think we can reschedule it another day. Maybe tomorrow. I'm not sure yet cuz family things came up"

"Yes. Just call me when you're ready. We already have someone that matched perfectly with what you want"

"Thank you. I'll call you tomorrow"

I hang up getting up getting some coffee to keep me awake and I hear the nurse call me.
"Jackie Gonzalez?" I walk up to her.
"Yes?"
"You're daughter is fine. We put her in a private room. She lost a lot of blood but not too much. If she would have lost more she wouldn't have made it. Right now she's resting but we don't know when she'll wake up. She apparently lost too much blood that she's unconscious." I look down sadly.
"Thank you for doing as much as you can" I say hugging her.
"You're welcome. Would you wanna see her?"
"Yes please"
"Follow me" She says walking ahead of me

I see Cassie laying on the bed. I sit in the chair next to her and holds her hand not letting go. The doctor leaves the room quietly.
"My beautiful Cassie." I say playing with her hair. "What made you do this?" I started thinking. She got home from school early and just ran to her bathroom. It was school. But what? She was good in her classes. She gets a long with everybody. I look at her arm and see she has bandages around it.
"You know Cassie I would always hear this song when I feel sad. It was by pink. It kinds goes 'Mistreated, misplaced, misunderstood
Miss 'No way, it's all good', it didn't slow me down
Mistaken, always second guessing, underestimated
Look, I'm still around
Pretty, pretty please, don't you ever, ever feel
Like you are less than, less than fuckin' perfect
Pretty, pretty please, if you ever, ever feel like you're nothing
You're fuckin' perfect to me'
I'm telling you this because I want you to know you're perfect to me. Even when you feel like you're not. You are to me. I dont wanna lose the only thing that makes me smile in the morning. I love you Cassie." I cry again. This is hard for me, knowing I wasnt there for her when she needed me. I wasnt there at all. I'm trying to get her everything but i failed.