Chapter 73: Izzy's POV

Izzy: Are you sure you want to do this Alec? Cause there is a possible chance that he could say no.

Alec: This is what I want.

Izzy: Okay, then.

Alec and I went into the ring shop to see what would be the perfect ring for Magnus.

Izzy: What about that one?

Alec: It looks good, but I'm not sure for Magnus.

Izzy: Come on, anyone would want a ring like that.

Alec: Well Magnus isn't anyone.

Izzy: True that.

Alec and I kept looking for a ring, and I was trying to be helpful but Alec always kept saying that it wasn't the one. I was just going to give up, but then I thought of a perfect idea for a ring.

Izzy: Hey big brother.

Alec: Yeah?

Izzy: Why don't you just propose to Magnus with your ring?

Alec: The Lightwood family ring?

Izzy: Technically he's going to be apart of our family.

Alec: That is true.

Izzy: By the way, why can't you just get marriage runes instead of rings?

Alec: Because I kind of want to do a combined marriage the way Idris does it and how it's done here.

Izzy: Aw, that is so cute.

We kept looking for more rings, until I found, at least in my opinion, the best ring that Alec can't say no.

Izzy: What about this one?

Alec: Izzy...it's beautiful I think he'll like this one.

Told you.

After buying the ring, we head to Starbucks to talk about how is he going to go with the whole proposal thing.

Izzy: It should be private, so I'll make sure Jace and I are out of the house and it's just you and Magnus alone.

Alec: But what about the whole monologue thing that everyone says before they pop the question?

Izzy: It has to come from you, not from some random person that said it in a movie or whatever.

Alec: Iz, you know me, there is no way I can come up with something that romantic.

Izzy: It's going to be romantic, because it came from you.

Alec: I know, but...but what if I mess up or I forget something?

Izzy: Alec, you're going to be fine, just don't do what you normally do.

Alec: Do what?

Izzy: Overthink things.

Alec: I don't overthink things...do I?

Izzy: You're going to be fine, plus Valentine's Day isn't for a few days so you have plenty of time to come up with something.

Alec: You're right, thanks Iz.

Izzy: What are little sisters for?