Chapter 41: Izzy's POV

Izzy: ALEC, JACE GET OVER HERE! 

Large, rampaging footsteps kept coming down from the stairs. 

Alec: Is dad here? 

Jace: Was there a burglary? 

Izzy: No, look! 

I pointed to a window where we saw nothing but white all around. 

Alec: Is that...? 

Jace: Snow? 

I rushed up the stairs to see if what in the world was going on, and I couldn't believe what my eyes were seeing! A blizzard was going on. 

Izzy: Guys, I think we're snowed in. 

Jace and Alec went up, and they saw the raging storm as well. 

Alec: What? 

Jace: Woah, is this how weather is like in New York? 

Izzy: I guess so...

Alec: And how on earth are we going to school? 

(Phone ringing) 

The sound was coming from the kitchen, so we went downstairs for what seems the billionth time and I answered it. 

Izzy: Hello? 

It was a message from the school saying that school will be canceled due to the snow storm. I hanged up, and just had the most amazed smile on my face ever! 

Izzy: School is canceled because of the storm. 

Alec: What? Really? 

Izzy: Yes, really! 

Jace: No way! 

Izzy: Yes way! Finally we get a break from-

The lights went out, and the only source of light was the white of the snow. 

Alec: I think there is another reason why school is canceled. 

Izzy: Great, now I can't try out that latte recipe that Magnus told me about. 

Alec: Now we're glad, because you can't cook. 

Izzy: It's gotten better. 

Jace: Speaking of cook, you guys do know that today is Thanksgiving right? 

Izzy: Yeah...

Now that just brought back memories of how we used to celebrate it back in Idris with mom coming in, and I remember her always making the thankful speeches and everything. It's like it was only yesterday, and all this craziness has happened. 

Throughout the day, we couldn't think of anything else to do luckily the power went back on and I was about to go to my room and shower until Alec knocked on my door. 

Alec: Izzy, get dressed there is something that you have to see. 

Izzy: Get dressed in what? 

Alec: Something nice, and hurry! 

Izzy: Okay? 

I have no idea what on earth is up with Alec, but okay. I look through some clothes out there, and I wore whatever I had. 

I went downstairs to find

To find all of my friends here?!?! 

Izzy: Guys? How did you get here? 

Clary: Jace and Alec had saw you feeling a little down, because they thought you were sad that you were going to spend another Thanksgiving without your whole entire family like you all did in Idris. So they decided to bring us here, so that way you won't feel so lonely. 

Izzy: Aw Alec, Jace you guys didn't have to...

Jace: Well we miss it just like you do. 

All of us went to the table, and we all said what we were thankful for. I saw everyone all around each other like one, big, happy family. The seating was like Clary, Jace, Magnus, Alec, Simon, and me! After we said our prayers, we all sat down at we talked non-stop about everything that was going on. According to the weather, the storm is going to be going on for the rest of the week so we just entered the blizzard zone. Since the storm was getting worse, we all agreed that everyone should just stay for the night until the storm dies down. You know Thanksgiving  was more than amazing it was like I was with my real family and that's the truth. They are really my family! 

                                                             (Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!)