Chapter 13

Ben

"Supreme Leader." My insides knotted at the label. I knew I could not combust and shatter so I turned and put on the facade of Kylo Ren.

"Yes, General." Stern and stiff, General Hux stood before me.

"Zira Ren has some prototypes of the new boasters."

"Is that all?" I asked bored by this information. Being here made me sick to the stomach. I should have been with Rey not here, this base.

"We have received word from Fondor that the Imperium will be launched in six weeks with your approval. This was Snoke's lasting legacy for the First Order. It will allow us to crush the Resistance." Once he has finished his remark I stood up.

"I will go and oversee the final phase of construction. Zira Ren has control of the base here." I stormed out of the room with Hux trailing behind me.

"Do you think that a wise decision Supreme Leader? The Knights--"
I grabbed at Hux's neck choking him with the Force,

"Do not presume to question my authority General. You will accompany me to Fondor, is that understood." I snarled, my lips curling up in anger.

"Ye...Yes." Hux choked. I released him and stormed away.

I shouted over my shoulder, "Prepare a shuttle to leave immediately."

XXXX

My shuttle landed on the battle station. The new dreadnought could be seen miles away. It was much larger than the Supremacy and supposed to be more dangerous than the two smaller ones. I strolled into the hanger, technicians and construction workers scurried around the place like meagre rats, such disorder and anarchy.

"Why was I not informed of the archaic mess the construction is in?" My voice boomed, "Who is the commanding officer here?" The hanger came to a stand still as a skittish officer walked quickly in mine and Hux's direction.

"I am Sir, Captain Rani. We were not expecting you so soon." He informed me in a rushed voice as Hux and I were directed to the bridge. I looked around at the new interior of the new ship, it was black and grey with bright lighting.

"It's just as well General Hux and myself came. It's chaotic here, where is the order?" I glanced over at Hux, his face was contorted in disgust.

"I will soon have order restored Supreme Leader." General Hux chimed. I sensed Captain Rani stiffen besides me.

"Will the Imperium be ready for launch in six weeks?" I stopped us short of the bridge.

"I believe it will--"

"The Imperium will be ready." I cut off the puny man before me, he nodded his head and we entered the bridge. It was vast and open, technicians and officers hurried around panels stuffing holocrons and hard drives into the ship's system. I motioned for Hux to follow me to the window, "You have control of the bridge. I wish to meditate" I said and Captain Rani showed me to my private chambers.

Rey

I was standing in Poe's office waiting for him to enter. The room was small and dim, I remembered Leia being sat at this very desk a year ago giving me advice; I wondered where and how she was? My feet took me to the bookcase and I ran my index finger over the spine of the books. They were rigid and smooth, some dust ridden and other tattered and weary. I felt the office dissolve before my eyes as the room blurred and I saw darkness.