Once Upon A Glade~ Minho (Part Two)

Start from the beginning

Janson watched with growing confusion as the chancellor zoomed in on Minho's face. His eyes were glazed over, and he had the smallest smirk on his face as he stumbled back to the homestead. It was as if...

"That is the same exact look he had when he first met the little witch."

Janson was now intruiged. "So what do you think..."

"I think that those outcast gladers are sheltering her in there little hut. Before Minho came running out, Nick- one of them- went in and told him something, he goes in the shed, comes out looking like a man in love. I'm telling you! She's in there!"

"And what do you suggest we do now, huh? We can't have Ben attack her again. We won't be able to get him to her. He's in solitary confinement in their little jail," he pointed out, turning to look at the chancellor who was glaring at the screen in front of her.

"Ben will be banished for what he did, so he is out of the picture. But when the next arrival goes up there, it's going to be me."

"And?"

"And I'm going to make sure the job gets done the right way."
~~~~~
(Three weeks later)
It was the day the newest arrival would come up in the box. You woke up with a bright smile on your face and stretched as you sat up in your bed. Upon glancing around, you noticed that the rest of the boys had already left, probably to greet the newest addition to the glade.

You started your day by making the boy's beds. Humming softly to yourself, you worked around the room to tidy it up for your friends.

Life in this little space wasn't as bad as you thought. You would sing softly to yourself and dance around to pass the time as you did the days chores. Minho would stop by every day just after eating his dinner to bid you goodnight and chat. You were still hopelessly in love with him.

About an hour after you awoke, you heard the door of the shed open and close, which led you to assume that Frypan was coming down with your breakfast.

"Hey, Fry. What's for breakfast?" you wondered, not looking up from Clint's sheets.

"Fry? Fry is still working, sorry. He just asked me to grab him something," an unfamiliar voice responded. You spun around just in time to see a tall, pale boy descend from the ladder. His eyes were emerald green, and his hair was spiky and red like fire. Freckles dotted his attractive features, but something about him sent your nerves on edge.

However, you didn't show it. This was clearly the newest arrival, ans you wanted to be polite.

"Oh, um, okay. My names Y/N. Are you the new greenie?" you wondered. The boy nodded and pushed his hair back.

"Alex."

"Well, welcome to the glade, I guess," you muttered. "Frypan's stuff is over there."

But he didn't move. He stayed in front of the ladder, studying you closely.

"You look absolutely famished. I happen to have some food in my bag, if you're hungry..." he started. You watched as he pulled a bright red apple out of the bag that was slung over his left shoulder. "have you eaten yet?"

You couldn't turn down the apple. It simply looked too appetizing, the way the light shined off the smooth skin, the vibrant color, and the way the juice dripped down the side...

"Gimme," you replied. He tossed it in your direction and you caught it in mid air.

He stood there, smiling brightly as you bit down into it. Juice flowed into your mouth, and your taste has begged for more. You pulled off a section of the fruit and chewed, moaning with satisfaction.