Once Upon A Glade~Thomas (Part One)

Gally sighed to himself as he looked down at you, sleeping soundly in the med-jack hut, curled up into a tight ball on the mattress. Your chest rose and fell at an even pace, and your arms were folded under your head, serving as a pillow. He rested his hand on the foot of the bed for a moment, wondering how someone could be so innocent, yet be such a traitor to the rest of the glade.

You had arrived in the box just that morning, unconscious. He knew you were a creator. He didn't care what the others had to say about it, he knew. He had tried all day to convince them that he had seen you throughout the changing. But, they were convinced that you deserved a chance.

Gally didn't agree with them, and now he was taking matters into his own hands.

This was for the safety of the glade.

He wouldn't kill you, no, not unless you proved yourself dangerous enough. He would just hide you from the others, keeping them safe from you. So, he came to one side of the bed, bent down, and picked you up into his muscular arms. Careful not to wake you up, he got out of the hut and carried you to the abandoned cabin in the far corner of the glade that only he knew about.

Carefully, he opened the door and laid you down onto the bed that he crafted himself, especially for you. You were so oblivious to the fact that you were being abducted; it was kind of funny to him.

He tiptoed out of your new, permanent home, back to the homestead. He would check up on you again in the morning, and see what state of mind you were in.
~~~~~
A million questions swarmed about in your subconscious as you pulled your eyes open. Where were you? Better yet... who were you?

"Morning, sleepy head," a deep, husky voice said. You turned and saw a tall, muscular boy with freckles, short, spiky hair, and emerald green eyes. His arms were crossed over his chest as if he was angry, but he was smirking at you. "Glad you're finally up."

"Who are you?" You wondered, pushing yourself into a sitting position on the bed. You rubbed your eyes as he looked at you, he was clearly searching for the right words.

"I'm the shank who you owe your life to," he replied after a quick moment of silence.

"What are you talking about? Where am I?" You questioned. Your voice was getting more desperate each passing second. You started to shake, concealing your face with your hands as you searched your brain for anything that could help you.

"My name is Gally. Please, just try to relax and I'll explain everything. Okay?" He asked, sitting in front of you. You lifted your head and nodded.

"Listen carefully: you're in a place called the Glade. We live in the center of a giant maze, and once a month they send up someone new. They never have any memories, and we have to try to find a way out. Like you, none of us remember anything."

"Why?" You asked with a shake of your head. None of this made any sense to you.

"We don't know," he sighed. Then his face went from calm and collected to fully serious. "But the other gladers- thats what we call ourselves- think that you worked with the people who put us here, and they want you dead. Really badly. Every night, the walls in the maze close. Inside the maze are these awful, awful creatures called Grievers that pretty much finish off anyone still in the maze when the walls shut. Their plan is to..." he trailed off for a moment, as if this subject pained him to talk about. "to push you into the maze one night."

"Oh my gosh," you mutter.

"I know, it's despicable," he sighed. Then he came close to you and picked up your hand, enclosing it in his warm, rough fingers. "I brought you here to keep you safe. I want you to live, Y/N. So all I ask of you is that you stay here, avoiding all the other gladers. I'll come in here a few times a day, bringing things for you to do and food and such. You've got the easy job," he explained.