Return From The Maze

Thomas: Thomas saw the sun rise from above the maze walls. It dawned on him that he had survived a night in the maze. Now he just had to figure out whether or not you had done the same.

Halfway through the night the two of you met up with a griever. Thomas thought you were right behind him, but somewhere along the way you disappeared and he hadn't seen you again for the remainder of the night. He doubted the you had survived, but there was still that little shimmer of hope that kept him running to find you.

He ran back to the glade to find the walls already opened up. Chuck caught sight of him and pointed, the other gladers standing around him in shock. Thomas ran out and greeted the others, wrapping Chuck in a hug. Tears moistened his eyes as he thought of the possibility that you had died in the maze. They fell when he discovered that was probably true.

You come up behind Thomas, wanting to surprise him with your survival. You came up close and covered his eyes with your hands.

"Guess who?" You asked, resting your head on his shoulders. His jaw dropped as he recognized your voice. He moved your hands from his eyes and turned to you, his eyes locking with yours.

"Y/N... You're alive," he gasped, pushing a lock of hair out of your face. Then he smiled brightly. "You're alive!" He said with a laugh. Before you could figure out what was happening, he was pulling you close to him and kissing you. Maybe you should get trapped in the maze more often, because this welcoming committee was great.

Newt: The doors scraped open, and Newt was waiting at the entrance. He fiddled with his hair, nibbled at his fingernails, anxiously waiting for over fifteen minutes. He ignored the other glader's constant admitting that you were most likely dead. He wasn't ready to believe that. But when fifteen minutes ticked by with no sign of life in the maze, he decided that you were truly gone for good.

So, when no other gladers were looking, he ran through the walls. He remembered the corridors slightly from his past experience. The last time he tried, you were the only thing holding him back. Now that you were gone, what did he have to lose?

He grabbed the first vine, holding it for a second, almost second guessing his decision. But then he remembered your bright smile and how it had been taken from him, and he had the courage to climb the wall.

He was a few feet of the ground when you ran past, nearly missing him. He didn't see you, too focused on getting high enough on the wall. His plot dawned on you, and your knees nearly collapsed. He wasn't trying to commit suicide again, was he?

"Newt, STOP!" You screamed. He froze, then turned his head to see if you were truly there. His eyes filled with water as they locked with yours. He climbed down the vines slowly, yet he never allowed you to leave his sight. He stumbled as his legs hit the ground, but he didn't allow that to stop him from running to you.

"It can't bloody be.." he muttered, now only inches away from you. You smirked, thinking of a fun way to prove that Newt wasnt imagining you.

Stepping forward, you held the back of his head and kissed him. You twirled his hair as your lips pressed softly against his. He pulled back, a look of bewilderment and pure happiness in his expression.

"Y/N, your alive! Bloody hell, your alive!" He choked out as he wrapped his arms around you. He put his face against your neck, allowing the tears to fall onto your shoulders and chest.

"You need to stop trying to do this. Even when I'm gone, I would never want you do resort to this. Understand?" You said. He nodded, never breaking out of the hug. You walked back to the glade, hand in hand, feeling on top of the world.

Minho: As the doors pushed open, Minho didn't wait for the other runners to catch up as he sprinted through the opening. He shouted your name as he ran through, desperate to find you somewhere.

He was in a far out section when he heard groaning. Without thinking, he followed the sound, knowing it would lead to you. He found you curled up into a ball on the ground, blood dripping from a wound on your head. It was severe; you definitely wouldn't be able to run for a week.

He knelt down next to you and held your face in his hands, forcing you to meet his eyes. The pain washed away as you saw him. The sunken, beet red eyes and remnants of tears showed that he was terrified and scared of losing you all night.

More tears fell as he picked you up into his arms, carrying you bridal style throughout the corridors, back to the glade. The whole way he muttered to you.

"Y/N I'm so sorry this happened... I love you. Gosh I was so shucking scared, I thought you were dead. If you were dead, I'd friggen hate myself forever..."

He continued to mutter that into your ear all the way through the maze. Even when you reached the glade, he refused to let you out of his arms until you reached the homestead. He'd almost lost you, and he wasn't about to leave you after that experience.

Gally: His back was rested against a tree, his face soaked with tears. He'd never been so scared, so hurt. You were his only source of light and hope in his world of darkness and death. He was lost without you at his side.

He heard the rumbling all the way from the walls that told him that the maze was opening. He wasn't foolish enough to get up; the grievers had surely killed you. You were dead.

The grievers had surely killed you. You were dead. Those phrases sent another waterfall of tears.

"Guys, it's a bloody miracle!" Newt shouted to the other gladers.

"Y/N's alive! She's alive!!!" He heard Chuck shout to the other sloppers. Gally's heart stopped; surely they were wrong, right? Well, he may as well check his facts for himself.

He stepped out from the shadows of the woods and saw you across the glade. He scoffed with disbelief, a smile creeping onto his face. His Y/N had survived the maze.

Sprinting at full speed, it took only half a minute for him to reach you. He wrapped his arms around your waist and kissed you like he never had before. It was soft, yet was lit with a fiery passion that displayed how desperate he was to see your face again.

Halfway through the kiss, he had to pull away to wipe his tears. You pulled his hands away from his cheeks and wiped the tears away for him.

"Don't cry, Gally. I'm back."