Christmas In The Glade

(Merry Christmas everyone! And if you don't celebrate Christmas, happy holidays! I wrote this because I am not in the Christmas spirit nearly as much as I need to be...)

You woke up to the sound of bells jingling in the distance, reminding you of what day it was.

Christmas! You thought, jumping out of bed to say good morning to the others.

"Merry Christmas, Y/N!" Teresa said happily as she saw you hop out of bed.  She was pulling on her boots and warmest hat. You wished her a merry Christmas as well, running outside to see the other gladers and how they reacted to the holiday. 

The builders were draping lights onto the lookout. They weren't real Christmas lights, but no one cared. They gave off the right spirit. Chuck was running around with boxes wrapped in painted paper and a santa hat covering his curly hair, wishing everyone a happy holiday and handing them a box. The sweet aroma of Christmas cookies filled the glade. Every last glader had a smile plastered on his face as they frolicked across the glade, enjoying the day off from work.

With an excited squeal, you ran about, greeting all the gladers merrily.

Thomas: "Merry Christmas!" You said at Chuck's side, handing Alby a box wrapped in green-painted paper. What would get you into a better spirit than handing out presents with Chuck? With a smile (something that wasn't seen on any other day of the year) Alby thanked the two of you, and you ran off to spread cheer to more people.

You caught sight of your boyfriend's brown hair as he helped Gally get the lights ready for the lookout. What a shucking Christmas miracle, you thought. Gally and Thomas working together?

You picked up a specific gift that you'd been working on for the past few days and ran over with an idiotic grin. It was decorated with red hearts on a green background. There was no wrapping paper, so you only used normal paper that you decorated yourself.

"Merry Christmas, guys!" You said happily. Thomas turned around and kissed the tip of your nose. Gally turned around and flashed a smile -an actual smile!-  at you, but continued working.

"I got somethin' for you, Thomas..." you started, extending the present into his direction. He chuckled and bent over to the small pile of presents at his feet.

"Thank you, Y/N. I have something for you, too." He said, handing you a small box with red paper. You practically ripped off the paper with a smile, listening to the sound of Thomas tearing apart your present as well.

You look down into the box and saw a small, heart shaped locket. It was perfectly carved in wood, and it opened up and read, "Merry Christmas, cookie. I love you."

"Thomas! This is beautiful..." you gasped, taking it out to inspect the craftsmanship.

"You better like it, 'cause your stupid boyfriend wouldn't let me work for the past week so I could help him make it perfect." Gally complained, his eyes never leaving the display. You ignored his cynical remark and watched as Thomas slowly took the batch of cookies from the box.

"Frypan's knot cookies?" He gasped. "HOW THE HELL DID YOU GET THESE?!?" He started stuffing them by the handful into his face. You chuckled.

"I work in the kitchen. I stole a couple." You said, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. He moaned with delight as he chewed on the treats.

"Thank you, Y/N. Merry Christmas." He mumbled, wrapping you in a warm embrace. You hugged him back.

"Merry Christmas." You replied with a chuckle.