Snow Day

(I would like to thank my bestie, SubjectB28TheCat, for coming up with the idea of this imagine. She's not on wattpad so don't bother looking, but this is her username for other things.)

~Prelude~

Teresa gasped as she opened the door and looked outside, the cold air filling the room. The two of you shared a bedroom because Alby thought it was necessary that the two girls get a private area for themselves.

"Y/N! It snowed last night!!" She gasped, pointing outside. You got up slowly, confused. It had never snowed in the glade before. You ran to the front, gazing out into the winter wonderland. Not one blade of grass remained uncovered by the blanket of snow. At least a foot had fallen overnight. The gladers were running around, laughing and throwing handfuls up into the air and smiling as they fell down. Chuck was laying down, either dead, asleep, or just relaxing in the pillow of frozen water. Frypan was taking buckets of snow into the kitchen, probably to make slushees for desert. You head back into your room and got the warmest jacket you had, along with thick pants, boots, and a hat, and ran outside as fast as possible. There were endless things to do today!

Thomas: Thomas was dragging you by the arm. Your hat was covering your eyes and you couldn't see a thing.

"Okay, we're here." He said. You pulled the hat from over your eyes and looked up at the mountain of snow that had piled against the side of the homestead.  It went all the way up to the roof and slanted downward, sparkling in the sunlight.

"How the hell did that happen?" You asked, walking around the perfect slope.

"I got onto the roof of the homestead, pushed off all the snow, and made a hill out of it." He said proudly, looking at his creation. "I thought it would be perfect for sledding."

"Sledding?" You chuckled. "We don't have sleds, Thomas." He smiled as he ran behind the hill, then emerged with two squares of wood with strings attached. You took yours with a smile and headed up to the top of the hill.

"Alright, let's go!" You said, bouncing on the sled. After a full hour of sledding, you and Thomas were sitting on one, him in the back and you controlling from the front. Thomas pushed on the roof of the sled, and you pulled on the strings in an effort to speed you up.

Unfortunately, that worked a little too well and you found yourself flying full speed down the hill. You screamed, a mix of delight and fear as you saw the lump of snow ahead of you. You slid right into it, and the snow fell all over you, soaking you from head to toe.

"Shuck." You muttered. Thomas scoffed and turned you toward him. Then started laughing.

"You look like a snowman!" He said, wiping the snow from your face. You felt your cheeks redden as his brown eyes bored into yours.

Newt: He was jogging through the deadheads, leading you to a special spot that only he knew about. You were anxious to just reach the surprise and enjoy yourself instead of following Newt through the woods.

"Alright, love, we're here." He said, stopping you. You looked around, then your eyes landed on the pool of frozen water that glimmered in the dim light of the forest.

"This is gorgeous!" You exclaimed.

"Yes, but that's not why we're here." He said, running behind a nearby tree and pulling out two pairs of skates.