You Get Stuck in the Maze

Thomas: He saw you coming from the glade. You were practically carrying Alby on your shoulders and dragging him along as the doors almost closed. The others were yelling encouragement at you, promising that you'd be able to make it if you ran. Others were telling you to leave Alby and come as fast as possible. However, Thomas was well aware that your chances of survival were slim. Unless you had a little help....

There were only a few seconds before the maze closed, and Thomas ran forward. They screamed for him to come back, but he couldn't leave you behind for the night. The walls closed in on him, and he had to shuffle as fast as possible to avoid being squished between the monstrous stone walls. He squeezed through the doors, yelling your name the whole way.

You were kneeling down on the stone, pushing your hair away from your face. You expression was a mix of confusion, anger, sadness, and love. You slowly stood up, staring into his eyes.

"Thomas! What the hell were you thinking?!?" You shout as you sprint over, wrapping your arms around him. He rubbed your back and held the back of your head.

"I had to. You'd die out here alone. We can get through this together." He whispered. You hear the distant screech of a griever from a far out section, which reminded you that this wasn't a date night. It was a fight for survival.

Newt: He nibbled at his fingernails, watching the opening as he worked. You were a runner, and you were supposed to be back hours ago. His nervousness turned into pure anxiety as the minutes ticked away. He maze would be closing soon, with you inside.

He stood outside of the opening, eyes peeled. He tapped his foot impatiently, imagining that you'd run through safely in the next few moments. However, he can't say that he truly believed that.

He saw you and Minho, all the way in the back, dragging Alby through the corridors. He, along with all of the other gladers, yelled for you to hurry, praying that you'd get back in time. You looked him in the eyes and smiled, mouthing the words, "it will be okay. I love you."

A gust of wind came from the maze, and Newt dropped to his knees. It was too late already. The walls scraped against the stone floor, closing the only chance of your survival. He screamed your name, his voice haunted with pure sadness and agony. His eyes pooled with tears as the walls slammed shut, sealing the fate of two of his closest friends and his greatest love. The other gladers crouched down next to him, telling him that they were truly sorry. But Newt didn't hear them; all he could think of was the loving expression that you gave him as you left.

He screamed once again, his heart aching in his chest. It was so loud that each and every glader looked over at him with apologetic expressions. The scream was cut off by him choking up, tears falling down his cheeks as they never had before. He cursed this world for taking away the first source of happiness he had in a long time.

Minho: He woke up in the homestead, Clint and Jeff on either side of him. Their expressions were filled with sadness and dread. Minho remembered what had happened; he had been attacked by a griever, yet not stung. Another runner had brought him back to the glade.

"Minho, I'm sorry to be the one to have to tell you this..." Jef said as he wrapped his hand in medical tape. Minho was perplexed. He didn't understand why they were so depressed-looking. All of the runners had come back after the injury. Except....

"Where's Y/N?" He asked, sitting up in the bed. Clint and Jeff exchanged nervous glances as he sprang from the bed. He sprinted through the front door, out into the glade. The walls were already closed and everyone seemed to be in the same dreary mood as Clint and Jeff. Minho fell to his knees, dipping his head and holding his forehead. The med-jacks weren't lying; you were clearly gone.

Someone placed a hand on his shoulder. He ignored it, wanting to be alone with his grief.

"Minho," Newt said, "I'm sorry Y/N didn't come back. She was still inside when you came back. I'm so bloody sorry."

But Minho swatted his hand away, not wanting Newt's sympathy. He wanted to have you back in his arms, look into your y/e/c eyes, and be with you forever.

"I can't shucking believe this..." He muttered, tears falling from his eyes. He didn't move for hours. And each time the tears stopped falling for a moment, he'd imagine your bright smile and the tears would come again.

Gally: He stood with his arms crossed outside of the opening, a sick feeling in his gut. You should've been back already, hours ago. His face was pale with worry that he'd never see you again.

The strong gust of wind came, signaling the beginning of the end for you. The stone walls scraped against the floor, almost drowning out the sound of the few other gladers who waited. It was all of the other builders, along with Newt, Thomas, Chuck, and Frypan.

Chuck caught sight of you, yards away. As Gally's eyes focused, he saw that you weren't actually running. Your eyes were closed and blood was oozing from a large wound on your head and spots on your shirt. Your arm was draped around Minho's neck, and he was clearly struggling with each step. Gally screamed your name and got up, preparing himself to run in and help Minho. The others jumped forward and pulled him back, refusing to allow him to rescue you. Tears streamed from his face as he tried in vain to escape their grip. The gap between him and the maze was too small, but that didn't stop him.

"MINHO, HURRY! PLEASE! Y/N!!!!!!" He screamed. The walls slammed shut, almost yelling in his face that you were gone forever. The gladers let go and Gally dashed forward, slamming his fist against the walls. He continued to yell your name through the tears that fell down his face. They tried to comfort him, but he demanded that they bug off. They didn't understand hat he was going through, how could they help him?

If Minho failed to protect you, Gally would have nothing left to live for. No reason to live another day. So all he did that night was wait, clutching a pillow, sitting on his bed in the homestead with tears streaming down his face. He didn't eat. He didn't sleep. He just waited for the next day to come.