This is War (Part One)

(this is an imagine for all of the gladers..)

You sorted through the crates that had come up with the new arrival, who was another girl. Her name was Teresa, and she came up pretty much dead with a note in her hand declaring her "the last one ever." Each time you thought of the messy black handwriting, chills went up and down your spine.

You opened one of the crates and gasped at what you saw. Small, colorful guns filled the box to the top. They were made of plastic, each one a classic blaster with a single barrel that spun as you shot, holding eight bullets. They were only as big as your forearm, each one with a messy black label that read "NERF."

You remembered running around the woods as a child, shooting these same type of guns at figures running around you. Exact locations and faces were unknown, but you knew that these toys would surely be quite the entertainment to you and the other gladers.

That night, you and Teresa sat on the beds in your room, preparing for battle. You wore a red bandana over your mouth and nose, your y/h/c hair flowing freely. Teresa was wearing the same outfit she wore when she first came up, but her hair was tied back into a messy ponytail and she wore a loose fitting hoodie from Newt.

With your red and black blaster in your hand, you truly felt like a warrior. Teresa's gun was bright blue, fully loaded with colorful foam bullets. After you showed the others the box of Nerf blasters, they decided that instead of having a bonfire that night, there would be a full on battle. It was you, Teresa, the Slicers, the Sloppers, and the Track-Hoes against everyone else.

You head outside, where the other gladers would be ready for war as well.

The rules were simple; You get hit, you go back to the homestead until the round is over. Although the odds were stacked against your team, you and Teresa were confident that you would win.There would be fifty seconds to hide before the game started, and in that time you and Teresa sorted out a plan.

"I'm gonna take out all of the keepers." You explained. "You're gonna go up into the trees, take them out from the skies." Teresa nodded and dashed to the largest tree she saw and climbed up.

You ran in the opposite direction, to another large tree that you leaned against, careful that none of the others could see any part of you. The seconds on your watch ticked away, telling you that there were only ten seconds until the game started.

When the timer reached five, you peeked your head out from behind the tree to see if anyone was out in the open. You smirked as you watched your first victim run into the kitchen, probably to stuff his face with Frypan's food.

Thomas.

You got back into your original position, praying that he wouldn't be able to see you. Although he didn't exactly count as a keeper, why not just shoot him while you had the chance? You heard the door creak shut, signaling that it was safe to head out. As you dash between tree to tree, you keep your eye on him, making sure that you knew exactly who would be hidden in the room. You head to the back to spy on them from where they surely wouldn't see you.

You crouched down in front of a small hole in the wood. There were two people; Thomas, who was kneeling in front of a cabinet in which he could hide for cover if it was necessary. Then you saw Frypan, who was stuffing extra bullets into the pocket of his apron.

You stood up slowly, your head resting against the wall beside the window. Taking deep breaths, you thought of a way to get them outside, since there was no way that you'd be able to get them both out without being caught. You backed up and shot a single bullet across the window, hoping the get the boy's attention. There was a loud whistling noise as the bullet pierced through the air.

"What the shuck was that?" You heard from inside. Frypan.

"Attackers. Sneak out to the front, we'll ambush from both sides." Thomas whispered. You peek in and watch them tip-toe through the doorway. As soon as the door closed behind them, you climbed through the window into the kitchen and crept into the pantry.

After a few moments, the door opened once again. You heard footsteps as Thomas and Frypan came back in.

"Someone probably just missed their target. So, here's our plan: I'm gonna creep around and try to take out Y/N. She seems to know the most about this kind of thing.."

You chuckle to yourself as you crack open the door, just enough so that the barrel of your gun is pointed out at Frypan's back. After cocking it, you take a deep breath and pull the trigger. The bullet flies from the barrel, making the same whistle as it flew. You watched it hit Frypan's back, and he turned around and cursed to himself, still unaware of your presence.

He mumbled as he stomped out of the kitchen, hands above his head, showing that he'd been defeated. Thomas spins around, his gun locked and loaded, aiming it at every surface. You chuckle once again at his stupidity and obliviousness.

You cocked the gun again and aimed it at his shoulder, and pulling the trigger once again, you watched Thomas glance down as the bullet hit him, then it fell to the ground. You saunter out of the pantry, your tongue sticking out at him.

"Y/N? When the hell.." Thomas started.

"Ummm... according to the rules of this game, you should be in the homestead right now..." You interrupted with a smile. Thomas groaned and left the room with a shadow of a smirk on his face.

"Bloody hell, Thomas, the game started less than three minutes ago and you're already out?" A familiar voice said from outside. Poor, oblivious Newt had no idea that he was your next victim.

You climbed out of the window, tip-toeing around the back of the kitchen where you surely wouldn't be seen. You saw his blonde locks against the wall and knew it was him immediately.

You shuffled closer, barely moving until you could get close enough to shoot him without missing.

At the last second, he turned around and locked eyes with you. He cocked his gun and shot it. It was aimed straight at your shoulder, coming closer with alarming speed. You leapt out of the way, cocking your gun in mid air and aiming a bullet at his chest. It ricocheted off his chest, landing in the grass.

Newt laughed to himself as he looked you in the eyes, telling you how you were "pretty bloody good at this. You could be a sharpshooter if we make it outta this hellhole." With that, he ran a hand through his hair and sauntered to the homestead, where he'd hang out until the round was over.

You smirked to yourself as you descend back into the shadows, waiting to catch sight of one of your enemies with their backs turned.

There he was: Minho, at the bottom of the tree where Teresa was, loading his gun with ammo. He clearly knew she was there, and she had no knowledge of his presence.

You refused to allow your second in command to get out. You took a deep breath and dashed forward, feeling dangerously trigger-happy.

This was something I'd wanted to write for a while, and keep reading for part two!