Once Upon A Glade~ Newt (Part One)

You struggled twice as hard against the restraints that held you to the long surgery table as Janson approached. You knew that W.I.C.K.E.D's chairman had a terrible plot in mind for your punishment. Why do you need to be punished, you may ask?

You had rallied each and every subject who had yet to be sent into the trials and led a revolt against W.I.C.K.E.D., which had almost worked. Unfortunately, W.I.C.K.E.D. called for backup, and soon had you and the rest of your small army tranquilized. Although you weren't successful, you had caused over a hundred deaths on W.I.C.K.E.D.'s end, and that made it all worth it.

You didn't only do it for yourself. You did it for all of your closest allies who had been sent to the maze trials, some over two years ago.

Minho. That sassy, hilarious piece of garbage who could always bring a smile to your face. Alby, who served as an icon of bravery and badassery in your mind. Playful, innocent Chuck, who was the last one sent up, only a month ago. And Newt.. oh, Newt... your best friend who you wished could be something closer to you than that. Of course there was a sort of romantic tension between the two of you, despite the fact that neither of you have made a move.

"I think it's safe to say that you are officially out of the picture, Y/N," Janson cooed. He leaned over you, his gray, hateful eyes boring into yours, and he ran his long, bony fingers through your messy hair. You trembled as his hands pulled through your locks.

"Cut to the chase, Janson. Why am I here?" You asked, trying to hide the tremble in your voice in vain. Janson chuckled, and he tore his attention from you and gestured for a man to come to the table. The man grabbed the side of your face and pressed your left cheek against the table beneath you, exposing your neck.

"You caused us a great deal of trouble, so I'm going to make this as bad as possible for you. You're going to be put into the maze, and after a single week, you are going to be stung by a griever and die. However, not before undergoing more pain that you could've ever possibly imagined," he said. He ran his cold fingers down the skin on your neck in a search for a vein. You shivered, but still tried to stay calm. Your punishment was far more brutal than you had expected.

"J-Janson, please... anything else..." you begged, closing your eyes. A tear squeezed through your eyelids, and Janson actually laughed at the sight.

"I'm sorry, Y/N. You should've considered the consequences when you pulled this stunt." A sharp object was pressed into your neck, just above the vein. Upon feeling the contents being pressed into your system, you grunted with frustration and pain. After a moment, he pulled the syringe back out and the other man let go of your head.

You looked up at Janson through the tears that threatened to spill onto your face. He chuckled, seeing your desperate conditions, and reached over and grabbed a cup.

"Drink," he demanded. Seeing that struggling would have no effect, you lifted your head and drank the contents of the cup. After swallowing the last of the drink, you felt... wrong. Tired. Your eyelids felt heavier than ever before, and you struggled to bring air into your lungs. Maybe if you just closed your eyes for one second...

Janson's malicious, victorious smirk was the last thing you saw before your vision went black.

"Guys, it's a girl!" Minho shouted to the other gladers, who gasped and immediately ran to the box at the news. Never before has there been a female arrival.

Gally was first to reach the box, so he jumped down into the cage/elevator to get a closer look. The other gladers watched from the top.

Upon seeing you, Gally recognized your face from the changing. You were Newt's closest ally and companion, and you were known for standing against the creators at every opportunity you got.