Fight Night

(This is kind of like my interview imagine. It works the same way.)

Although the grievers screeched in the distance, which was something that would rarely fail to send a chill down your spine, you weren't paying any attention to the awful situation that you were in inside the glade. Today was the arrival of the newest greenie, which meant that it was officially the greatest day of the month: bonfire night. A night of sparring, roasting marshmallows, and spending quality time with your boyfriend.

You and (Insert glader) were sitting on a log, side by side, hand in hand, when Frypan approached with a smile on his face.

"Hey, shanks, wouldn't it be fun if the old newbie faced off against our champion, the keeper of the builders?" He announced. To your surprise, there was an uprising of hollers and cheers among the other guys.

Should you? Gally was an incredible fighter. No doubt that you'd be demolished in a fight against him.

However, you had fight stirring in your blood that night and felt as though you were ready to conquer the world. You turned to your boyfriend to see his opinion on the matter.

Thomas: "Don't look at me. Your decision." He said, holding his hands up by his head in surrender.

Newt: "Are you bloody insane, Fry? Gally will rip her into pieces! Don't do it, love." He insisted, putting a hand on your shoulder.

Minho: He leaned in close to your ear and whispered, "Swear to me that you'll beat the klunk outta that slinthead, then you can fight him."

"You're not concerned?" You asked, raising one eyebrow.

"Not really. You're a runner, he's not. There's a reason for that."

Gally: "I don't care what the shuck you guys say. No way in hell I'm laying a finger on Y/N." He insisted, leaning back and crossing his arms over his chest.

Although your boyfriend's opinion did matter to you, his thoughts on the matter faded as peer pressure kicked in. The boys were raising their glasses, cheering your name, looking at you and pleading with their eyes that you'd fight. Without giving your boyfriend a second thought, you stood up and waited in the center of the circle for Gally.

You glanced back into your boyfriend's eyes, wanting to see his reaction to the situation.

Thomas: He smiled softly and gave you a thumbs up, bidding you good luck.

Newt: his face was expressionless as he mouthed at you, "be careful."

Minho: he gave you a mocking glare and bumped his fist together, showing that he expected a worthy fight out of you and encouraged you to tear Gally apart.

Gally: he sighed and stood up slowly, cracking his knuckles as he met you in the center of the circle. He didnt even try to hide his dislike for the situation at hand, but he knew that you weren't backing out of this.

You and Gally shook hands. You smirked playfully and maliciously at him, with fire swirling in your blood.

You stepped back, adjusted your ponytail, and assumed a fighting stance, fists raised. When the other gladers chuckled, you lowered your hands and mimicked the position that Gally was in.

"You know the rules, right?" Gally asked, circling you like a predator. You nodded, bouncing on the balls of your feet, waiting anxiously for the fight to begin.

Alby stepped forward, counting down. When he gave the word, you jumped forward into Gally's midsection. Unfortunately, he held you easily. There was no way you were knocking him down.