Once Upon a Glade~ Gally (Part Two)

End of the line, folks! The final portion of the once upon a glade. Hope ya liked it, feel free to comment more ideas! Sorry about my lack of updates. Ill update this book once a month if I can, I promise!

"Wow," Nick gasped. Across the fields, you were sitting beside Gally, laughing with a happy gleam in your eyes. "I can't believe this! You were right, Adam."

"Yeah, as per usual." Adam turned back to his own work, but couldn't suppress the smile that touched his lips.

Adam, of course, knew that you were meant to be. He had watched you from the windows as you tended to Gally's wounds from Ben's brutal attack, and you had never left his side. He remembered watching you as you saw Gally open his eyes for the first time. You threw your arms around him tightly, and although you masked your actions with an expression of gratitude, it was clear that you had been longing to hug him for a long time.

He knew that watching his plan work out would be incredibly satisfactory, but nothing warmed his heart like seeing Gally with such a bright smile on his face.

Nick and Adam weren't the only ones watching, though. Alby and Minho were watching too, and while Minho was chuckling like a dork, Alby was positively fuming.

"AWW, man, that sucks dude," he chuckled. Upon seeing the fury in Alby's eyes, he cleared his throat and amended his words. "Maybe she just wasn't your type," he suggested, slapping a hand down on his leader's shoulder.

Alby was seeing red. Who the hell did you think you were, taking advantage of him like that?! You were throwing down the best opportunity you had by rejecting him.

All this time, he could've threatened you to love him. He could've made you a mockery in his glade for turning him away. Instead, he showered you with second chances. This, however, was the most that he was willing to take.

I'll make her wish she never loved that freak-show hothead.

"No," Alby responded as he pushed Minho's hand away. His eyes remained fixed on you and Gally, laughing happily together like you were right. "she's not my type."

"Hey, Gal," you started as you took a bite out of your apple. "what's next?"

"what?" he wondered, taking his eyes away from the gorgeous sunset and looking at you. The two of you were sitting on top of the watchtower with only a day left of your bet. You couldn't help but wonder: would you be forced to return to your previous position as a track-hoe, or could you stay here with your best friend (and terrible crush), Gally?

All of a sudden, since last week, you felt at home when you were looking into Gally's eyes. His smile sent this strange sensation in your heart and your mind turned to jelly.

There's something there that wasn't there before.

"I mean, the deal's almost over. Do you want me to stay here and work with you, or go back to my old job?"

Something in Gally's face fell, and his eyes lost that childish gleam they had before you brought up you leaving him. He turned his head, quickly, and looked across the field at the gardens.

"I-I dont know.... you're really good as a builder, and you did win the bet and prove your worthiness.... so..."

"Y/N!" A childish voice shouted. You stood up slowly and bent over the top of the lookout and found yourself looking down at the gladewide-little-brother, Chuck. "It's Zart! There was an accident! Track Hoe meeting in the homestead! Now!"