I can't

Third Person's POV:

Steve forrowed his eyebrows. He found that hard to believe. So he turned to (F/n) and asked.

"Is that true?"

(F/n) was petrified, she didn't know what to do or what to say. The truth, she heard at the back of her head. She continued to glare at her parents, and gave a quick nod. The guys were taken back by what she did.

"Did you know?" Steve asked again.

The truth, (F/n) reminded herself. Maintaining the glare, she nodded again. She couldn't look at him in the eyes, if she did she would be devastated. She would get destroyed by only the look on his face. Which was, she thought, betrayal, or worst; disgust.

Then she heard the most important question. The question that would change the idea of her, if she answered it wrong.

"Are you one of them?" The captain popped the question.

She wanted to say no, not anymore. She was but only against her will. She was forced to be like this. From her childhood, she was forced to be (Y/n)'s bestfriend to spy on her parents. However, she did not regret being her bestfriend, that's why she kept her friendship going. This was all just a big mess.

After finding out that (Y/n) was now Tony Stark's girlfriend, she was instructed to get close to Captain America. At first, it wasn't real. She just wanted to do as she was told, or she would be punished. Yes, at first she was just following orders. But, she got to know him. She got to know Steve. The Brooklyn kid, not the America's golden boy. She got to know Steve Rogers, not Captain America. She fell in love with him. That's why she thought it through. It was her decision to stay with him, to love him. Her feelings were real. The relationship was real. That's when she knew what to say.

"They used me when I was a child, but not anymore." (F/n) growled.

"You said they were dead." Steve clarified.

Finally, she looked him in the eyes and said. "They're dead to me."

"Oh! But you'll break mommy's heart, dear." Megan was heard beyond the sea of robots and soldiers.

"Honestly, I think she should be punished for that." George informed. "Aim!" The agents all picked up their guns.

"Take cover!" Bucky yelled.

"FRIDAY! Shield!" Tony ordered.

"Fire!"

Bullets were pampered. All the gang crouched, except (Y/n) who was already on the ground. The Iron Legion lined up around them and formed a shield with their robotic bodies.

"Please stop shooting, and we will not fire back." The robots politely demanded.

"Are you kidding me!? Why aren't they shooting back, Stark?" Bucky yelled over the storm of bullets.

"They're designed to deal with civilians, not HYDRA agents who are trying to kill us." Tony yelled back.

"We have to do everything ourselves." (Y/n) huffed. "Aylo!" She called.

"On it." The demon replied. Aylo put up a shield of some kind of energy which reflected the bullets making them return to their owners.

When it died down, the gang was still crouched. Bucky was the first one to peak.

"It's clear." He announced.

Right then is when everyone had the courage to open their eyes and look around. Several bodies were on the ground, on the metal stairs, even hanging from the roofs. Holding a gun ahead of him, Bucky inspected their surroundings.