Ready?

Your POV:

I heard the door bell and I ran downstairs. I was a mess. My hair was half in locks and half flat. I was still in my pyjamas. I opened the door.

"The fairy godmother is here." (F/n) said holding a sac in her hand.

"You're a life saver." I sighed in relief.

"I know. I've been told that a lot. Actually, I remember that one time when I -" she blathered.

"Oh, just come on. Help me." I dragged her to my room.

When we got there, I went straight to finish my hair. She just stood at the door.

"What happened to your room? It's like your closet just threw up on your bed." She said, laughing.

"I dont freaking know what I should wear. That's why I called you." I yelled, freaking out.

"Just relax, (Y/n). I'm here now. And I have the perfect dress for tonight." She said, holding up her little sac.

"Oh no, your dresses are always too much." I shook my head.

"Just take a look. And you'll see." She smiled mischievously.

She showed me this black dress. It was just above my knees. It was puffy from the waist down. It was strapless, and had a sweetheart. It had little sparkly things on the front and in the back it had laces.
(The dress above).

"Wow. That is so cute." I dropped what was in my hand and ran to her. I snatched the dress from her hands and hugged it. "Thank you, thank you, thank you."

"Yeah, now let's begin. We have only-" she looked at her watch." Half an hour to get you ready."

------------------------time skip--------------------

Here I am, dressed and ready, looking at myself in the mirror. At first, I didn't recognize myself. I haven't looked like this since graduation. Mainly because of the 'incident'. I just worked for 3 years so that everything Calvin wants, I can buy it for him. I couldn't think of anything else but him. But now that he's grow up (kind of), I can finally take care of myself.

My train of thoughts was interrupted by the door bell. I felt my heart beat race. Oh god, I was so nervous. The air seemed to be missing in my lungs.

"Are you gonna stay put like that or go open the door? Or I swear I will." (F/n) interrupted my thoughts.

"No. Yeah, right. I should go, huh?" I asked, still nervous.

"Duh. Come on, don't keep him waiting." She exclaimed.

"Okay, okay." I ran downstairs, with my heels on.

I took one last deep breath and mastered enough courage to open that damn door. There stood the one and only, in a deep blue tux and a white button-up shirt. He was amazing. More than he ever was.

"Wow." He whispered, apparently he was not the only one who was breathtaking.

"Not bad yourself." I smirked.

He regained his composure after my comment and finally offered to take my hand. I accepted and he kissed my knuckles.

"Shall we go?" He asked with a genuine smile.

"Can i know where?" I exclaimed.

"Nope." He said popping the p and I sighed.

"Well, then let me talk to Calvin real quick." I turned around the corner of my living room.

I found him playing his favourite video game, with his broken leg on the table. He is so lucky it's already broken, because if not I would have broken it right then. I told him that I was going out and he just waved me off.

I sighed and turned to walk out of the house. Suddenly, I felt a hand on my arm pulling me. I turned around quickly to see who. (F/n). Dammit I forgot about her. She's going to do that best friend speech.

"I want the full report first thing tomorrow morning, got it?" She said sternly.

"Yes, ma'am." I saluted her, jokingly.

"Good, now off you go, soldier." She laughed and I hugged her goodbye.

-Kiana 🙊