Don't let go.

Third Person's POV:

"(Y/n)..." His voice barely a whisper but she managed to hear it. It was a little hoarse, which made (Y/n) wonder.

Was he crying? She thought.

Before she even got the chance to say anything, he ran to her and held her hands. His eyes were puffy and red.

Yup, definitely crying.

"Please, don't leave me. I will do whatever you ask. Anything. I won't go to missions anymore. I'll even quit The Avengers. Just... Just don't leave me. You're my peace. You're my anchor. You save me from the darkness." He said quickly. (Y/n) didn't even hear half of it, but she managed to understand what he was saying.

She palmed his red cheeks into her hands, and she made him look at her. They stared at each other's eyes as silence fell upon them.

"I'm not leaving, Tony." She smiled.

He shook his head."No, no, please. Just hear me out. I love you too much to let you go. I litterally can't live-" he paused, his eyes widened as her last words echoed through his mind.

"Wait, what?" A large grin spread across his face. "You're not leaving?"

She shook her head. Tony kissed her cheek and he pulled her into him nuzzeling his head against her neck.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you." He said against her skin.

She just giggled and fisted his shirt in her hands, clinging to him like if she ever let go, he would fade away.

After a while, she remembered what he said to her. He told her he loved her and he didn't even realize it. Honestly, she loved him as well, even if he's arrogant sometimes, well most of the time. But he was just hiding the fact that he was hurt and vulnerable. And she loved him with both his sides.

She loved helping people, fixing them. And she was going to do exactly that. The only difference in this situation is that he's the only one that she doesn't want to let go after fixing.

Closing her eyes, she ran a hand through his hair. She couldn't help but ask.

"So? When did you realize you had feelings for me?" She smirked as he froze.

He pulled away slowly, looking down at the floor. Oh shit, did he really just confessed? He thought. Well, better now than never.

"Well, umm.." He tried to think when did he realize that he loved her excatly, but ended up having no clue. "I don't know... I don't think there was a specific time where I realized that but deep down it must have just been developing, especially when you got kidnapped, i was going to go insane, and at this past half an hour or so, I came to realise that I couldn't lose you and that I didn't want not to have you a part of my life." He softly said, still looking down.

When she cupped his cheeks again, he looked into her eyes. She was looking up adoringly into his. She suddenly started peppering his whole face with soft feather-like kisses.

"God, I love you so much." She whispered before she threw her arms around his neck. When it dawned on him what she said, he buried his face back in her neck hugging her tight, as he let out a soft sigh.

"Tony, why were you crying?" She asked. "Did you have an anxiety attack?"

He nodded nuzzling his face deeper into her. "I thought you would leave me, and I'll stay alone again." He sniffed.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." She apologised.

They stayed in each other's arms for a few minutes, until (Y/n) started to feel her legs going numb. She was freezing. When she started to pull away, he didn't let go, he just pulled her against him even further, shaking his head.

"No, don't let go." He started. "Not just yet."

"Tony, I'm freezing my ass here." She whimpered.

He pulled away almost immediately, looking at what she was wearing. It was then that she noticed that he was pretty well dressed with his long black coat. Of course he was warm.

He saw her arms beginning to pale and turn a light shade of blue. He quickly wiggled out of his warm coat and dropped it over her shoulders. The heat spread around her and she soon relaxed and let out a satisfied sigh.

"Better?" He asked.

"Very." She snuggled closer to the coat.

"Now, can we get back to what we were doing?" He demanded.

She raised her eyebrow and shook her head. "Why can't we go back inside? It's warmer. And to be honest my toes are starting to hurt from standing too long to reach you." She blushed.

He let out a loud laugh. "Come on, munchkin. Let's get you warm." He wrapped his arm around her shoulders as she slipped her arms to hug his waist and drink up his warmth.

As they got into the elevator, FRIDAY's voice spoke up. "Glad to see you again, Boss."

"You too, FRIDAY. Where are the guys at?" He asked.

"Mr Rogers and Mr Calvin are in the living room greeting Mr Odinson. Mr Banner is still in the laboratory. The Maximoff twins are on a mission. And Ms Romanoff and Mr Barnes are in the balcony with Mr Barton and Mr Wilson who are feeding some birds." The A.I informed them.

"Get some shawarma, and tell everyone to come to the living room. It's lunch time." He said kissing (Y/n)'s head.

"You got it, Boss." It said.

"Tony, can you promise me something?" She asked.

"Of course, munchkin. Anything." He smiled.

"First, don't call me that. Second, no PDA." She raised her finger at him.

"Remember when I said 'anything'? I didn't mean it." He joked.

"Come on, Tony. Please. There's my brother out there. And honestly, I'm shy of these things." She blushed.

"Your wish is my command. That just means that I get you all to myself." He wiggled his eyebrows.

"Stoooop." She whined.

"Why? I didn't do anything." He started then smirked. "Yet."

He chuckled then said, "you're crazy for loving me. But you can't back out now. It's too late. I'm never letting you go."

"I don't want you to let me go."

-Kiana 🙊