Words.

Third Person's POV:

Lightning.

Fury.

Dark.

Seven.

Angry.

Thirsty.

Five.

Hungry.

Ride.

Switch.

Those then words were always in her dreams. It was the same every night. She would be held captive by HYDRA and the man with metal scars would say the damn words and then she would turn into someone else, she would listen to him talk then hand her the same file with Tony's name. She would accept the mission then she would wake up.

The dream was driving her crazy. She was slowly losing it. She had to talk to someone about it. She looked beside her and saw Tony sleeping soundly. She smiled, she wouldn't wake him up. He was finally having some needed sleep.

As she got up, (Y/n) made her way to the kitchen. A glass of water will hopefully calm her down. But she was surprised to hear some noise in there.

"Bucky!" She whispered.

"(Y/n), why are awake at this hour?" He asked.

She chuckled, "I could ask you the same thing."

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to..." he trailed.

"I was just kidding. Couldn't sleep." The smile on her face slowly faded.

Bucky eyed her carefully, "I know that look. Nightmares."

"Something like that." She smiled trying to hide her sorrow.

"Talking usually helps." He said. "But I understand if you don't want to. I mean, who would share something with a brain-washed soviet assassin, who's killed hundreds of people? No one." He continued, looking at her behind his eyelashes.

"Really? Are you manipulating me?" She asked with an eyebrow raised.

"Is it working?" He smirked.

"Sadly, it is." She sighed, as she hopped on the counter. He followed her lead and sat opposite of her.

"I'm listening." He smiled.

"Well, it's the same one every damn time. I think you already know that HYDRA kidnapped me to get to Tony," he nodded, "he saved me but not until they injected some, well, a lot of liquids in me. And I got this..." she showed him her powers, "and I think between all that, they did something to me." She noticed Bucky's slouched stance became more alarmed.

"What?" He asked as calm as he could be.

"It's what my dream is about. They would strap me to this huge machine then my mind would go blank. Some guy would say some ten damn words then I would be a totally changed person." Through all that, Bucky was slowly coming closer to her. At this point he was right in front of her.

He gripped her shoulders, "what did they tell you to do?" He asked, his eyes staring at hers with pure fear and shock.

"How did you know they would tell me something?" She furrowed her eyebrows.

"Tell me. What is your mission?" He was now practically screaming.

"Bucky, what are you talking about? You're scaring me." She whimpered.

"I said tell me your mission." He shook her violently.

His loud voice woke up everyone, and they were all rushing to the kitchen to see what was the screaming all about. However, their last guess was seeing Bucky aggressively shaking (Y/n) who was on the counter.

"What the heck is going on here?" Tony rushed into the kitchen.

"HYDRA got to her mind." Bucky exclaimed. "Like they did to me."

"What?" Everyone yelled including (Y/n).

"Your dreams, they're not just dreams. They're memories." He explained.

"So you're saying... but I'm not killing anyone." She argued.

"Because you're not activated. They were saving you for a target. They were going to use you to kill Tony. Luckily, he busted you out before they got the chance. But I know them, they'll reach you. Wherever you were, they'll find you. You need to tell me your mission." He said, panicking.

"This is ridiculous.  Tony saved her, didn't he?" (F/n) said.

"Barely." Natasha said and everyone looked at her confused.

"I'm not allowed to say anything." She raised a hand up.

So everyone looked back at (Y/n) waiting for her to answer their unspoken question.

"I have powers, beside the mind reading. I'm kinda like Wanda." She said.

"You just got fifty times hotter." Clint smirked, which earned him a slap against the back of his head from Natasha.

"Wait, you never said anything about any other powers." Tony said.

"Only Nat and Wanda knew, I didn't want you guys to know until I got hold of it." She explained.

"Did you?" Steve asked, worried, being the captain he was.

"Relax, Capsicle. It's under control." She sighed.

"Umm, you're forgetting the problem here." Bucky started, "we need to know who's her mission."

Now all eyes were on (Y/n) again, they all waited as she stared at Tony guilty.
"In the dream, they would give me a file. On the front page, there was a name with big capital letters." She started.

"Whose name?" Tony encouraged her.

"Yours. It's yours, Tony."

--------

A/n:
It's short I know, but I had to wrap it up in here so it will be a cliffhanger. I might be evil for doing this, but I just miss these cliffhangers, okay? And I realised I kinda made Clint look like some pervert guy or something. Hahaha. But he's just being his dorky and weird self.

And I changed the story's cover, I hope you like it.

Anyway, I hope you're enjoying my story.

-Kiana😻