Gone

Third Person's POV:

Tony sat back on his chair.

After his little performance, Calvin then fell asleep, face down on his sister's stomach. Noticing his stiff composure, Tony decided that his bed is more comfortable than that chair. So, he carried him to his room. As he put him down on the bed, he heard Calvin mumble.

"Good night, dad" he said.

Tony was surprised at first, but he did nothing but smile, caressed his head with his hand and replied back.

"Good night, kiddo."

------

Clutching his lover's hand, Tony laid his head helplessly on her stomach. It was almost sunrise, and some rays were already peeking through the curtains.

He closed his eyes, then opened them. He repeated this act multiple times. Finally, he shook his head.

"Why are you doing that?" A voice rang from the doorway.

Tony's eyes shot open, he saw a hunched figure that he later recognised as Bucky. The latter took some steps into the room. Tony sat properly while eying the soldier.

"Doing what?" Tony asked.

"Closing and opening your eyes repeatedly?"

"Just checking something." The billionaire replied.

"Checking..." Bucky trailed, "if this is all a dream?" He asked. Tony didn't react. "I used to do that. Every once in a while, I would do the same and see if it was real or just my imagination, or even Hydra. But now, I have someone to remind me that this is reality, it's not just a dream or even a nightmare." Bucky continued.

"Romanoff." Was Tony's reply.

Tony just stared at him. He lowered his head, "I just... I thought this is all one of the horrible nightmares that usually hunt my dreams. But everytime I re-open my eyes, she's still like this, unconscious... sleeping. I tried everything, I used everything I learned everywhere. But it's just not enough." Tony grieved.

"Maybe she just needs time, to figure out how to come back to us, to you." Bucky was on the other side of the bed now. Tony sighed.

"What are you doing up anyway?" Tony tried to change the subject.

"Nat needs water after her... Shit, Nat needs water. See you in the morning." Bucky said, quickly leaving the room.

Tony just chuckled. After lying next to his girlfriend, he laid his head back on (Y/n)'s stomach.

The sun was now completely visible in the sky. It was directed to his eyes so he closed them.

A little nap won't hurt, he thought.

So he just kept thinking about her warmth and breathing like she taught him. Soon after, he relaxed and fell asleep.

----

The pain was too much but she would take it. (Y/n) watched Aylo take out her still beating heart, he made it glow then ripped it in half. She felt the ripping part like as if the heart was still intact with her. Suddenly she couldn't breath anymore. She collapsed. The last thing she saw was Aylo putting back half of her heart back inside, then everything turned black.

-----

Tony was woken up by a continuing beeping sound. He grunted as he lifted his head from his sleeping beauty's stomach. He scrunched his eyes trying to figure out where was the annoying sound coming from. When he saw it was the flat line that was supposedly (Y/n)'s heartbeat, he freaked out. He scurried off of the bed and hurried to it. Everything was still intact, so the problem was not from the cables or the machine. That's when he really freaked out.

She was dying, maybe even dead.

"No, no, no. Please. Please." He cried.

Quickly, he ran back to her side. He was so starstruck, he didn't know what to do. He just stood there, crying, clutching her hand and begging.

Luckily, Bucky happened to be passing by the room. He heard Tony's sobs. He peaked into the room, and as soon as his ears heard the still continuing beeping. He rushed to his friend.

"What happened?" Bucky demanded.

"Sh-She.. She's gone. Sh-she..." Tony wheeped.

Bucky shook his head, "It-It can't be. She was fine. No. No." He pushed Tony aside. He climbed on the bed, a knee next to each side, he hovered on his friend. With his strong arms, he shook her body.

"You can't die. Please, don't die, (Y/n). Please. You're my only friend." Bucky screamed.

At this point, every person that was in the Tower stood at the door. Calvin was last, and as he pushed his way through the crowd of Avengers, he spotted his sister's lifeless body.

"No." He whispered. He couldn't say anything more. He just dropped to his knees.

Each one of them was just as devastated as the other. Everyone loved the energetic girl with the goofy smile that she always put on. She hepled every single one of them.

She encouraged Natasha to talk to her long lost love.

She got Bucky out of his shell and introduced the new world as a-not-so-bad-place.

She had been a fun and good friend to Clint, joking around with him and playing pranks with and on him.

She baked pretty good food for Thor, and even showed him how to cook some meals by himself.

Bruce didn't know her that well, but she proved to be a good helpful friend. She would always bring him coffee when she would be in the lab to get Tony out of it. He knew she was a sweet innocent person who wouldn't hurt a fly.

She was bewildered by Sam's pet, Redwing. They would always go to the roof when it's not too cold and play with Redwing together.

She showed Pietro Nike products and he was thankful because he never ran so freely in his entire life.

She was Wanda's first bestfriend. And she was so grateful. They would go shopping and sometimes even train together.

As for Steve, well she introduced him to (F/n). And he has been grateful since. Of course, that and she would never make fun of him or his age.

Finally, Tony. Well, she completly changed him. She fixed him. She made him show her his vulnerable side and she was gentle with it. She didn't consider him a burden or anything like that. She made him fall in love. She changed him.

Oh and poor Calvin. He knew she sacrificed her studies to make a living for him. He knew sometimes she took the money from her own pocket, it was hers, it was her share, just because he wanted that new iron man action figure. He was supposed to take care of her like she took care of her.

Wanted to return the favor.

But he didn't, he couldn't, nobody could.

Because she was gone.

-Kiana🙊