Aylo

Third Person's POV:

"So, you're some kind of a grim reaper?" (Y/n) raised an eyebrow.

In front of her floated Aylo in his new form, his true appearance. He was exactly like a grim reaper, his face didn't show up but had some blood red eyes that looked like they can see right through your soul. The rest of it was the same. The same dark black clothing. No feet in sight. The same shining staff that looked like it can strike through your body and take out your heart.

Aylo was honestly shell-shocked. Why wasn't she scared like the others? She was different, he could see it. She didn't seem to be scared of what he really was, she seemed somehow fascinated. The way her eyes studied him up and down. Of course, she didn't expect it at first she was naturally surprised but then quickly recovered.

You are one tough girl, I give you that. He chuckled as he returned to his former appearance, the white wolf.

"Yeah, well. I already warned you about that. And, I'm not afraid of grim reapers nor I am afraid of death. Not now anyway. So, you gotta do better than that if you wanna scare me." She shrugged, proud of herself.

Just as Aylo was going to speak again, he was cut off by another voice. It was singing.

Let's go in the garden.
You'll find something waiting.
Right there where you left it.
Lying upside down.

When you finally find it.
You'll see how it's fading.
The underside is lighter.
When you turn it around.

Everything stays.
Right where you left it.
Everything stays.
But it still changes.

Ever so slightly.
Daily and nightly.
In little ways.
Where everything stays.

That voice was singing.

(Y/n) stood up abruptly. She knew that voice. "That song, I know it." She looked around. "Calvin?" She yelled.

I doubt he can hear you. Aylo commented.

"You told me I'm in a different realm." She exclaimed.

We are. I am as shocked as you are. Aylo then changed into a person, but it was too bright to see his features, so (Y/n) didn't even try.

Instead, she concentrated on Calvin's voice who seemed to grow more and more clearer. He was telling her to wake up, begging her to do so. From his tone, he was sad, desperate even. She didn't want him to be like that. She swore from the first day that she witnessed his anxiety attack that she wouldn't let him crumble down. But there he was, crashing down like the helicarriers that time in D.C.

But then she thought, if Calvin was like this, what state would Tony be in?

Her boys.

That's when the tears began to pour down. She imagined her little brother balled up on his bed, crying for his sister to come back. Crying for her to keep the nightmares away like she had been doing all these years. She collapsed on the floor, sobbing.

Aylo didn't know what to do, he never comforted anybody. And the guilt that this nice girl, that claimed him her friend despite what he did to her, was crying because of him made it worse. However, he needed that body, any body for that matters, he just needed a body to live a normal life.

Aylo just wanted to be normal.

"You can't have it." (Y/n) exclaimed from where she sat.

I beg your pardon. He said.

"You can't have it." She repeated. Now trying to stand while drying off her tears.

Can't have what? Aylo asked.

"You can't have a normal life." She explained.

You read my mind? He asked taking a step back.

"Do you wanna know why you can't have a normal life? Because you're not even normal." She continued, not even paying attention that she was walking to him.

How am I not normal? Aylo demanded, a little hurt.

"Oh, I don't know, you tell me Grim Reaper." She snappd sarcastically.

My name is Aylo. And I am a normal person. He said, lowing his head.

"The first step to being normal is to accept that you are not. I know I'm not. Therefore I'm normal." She said.

I don't care what you say, I am normal. And I wanna have a normal life, that's why I want that body. Aylo commented.

"You are one selfish bastard. You wanna destroy a person's life so that you can live a false one." She accused.

Then what do you suggest I do to have a normal life? Or you just don't want me to. He yelled.

"You live as who you are. You accept yourself, your appearance, true appearance. Even if it is some creepy dark Grim reaper shit. The important part is that you are at peace with what is inside you and who you truly are." (Y/n) answered, now trying to be calm. Because as her mother always said, anger doesn't lead to anything but destruction.

Aylo looked at her then ducked - what seemed to be- his head saying, I can't accept the monster I am.

"Who did that to you?" She yelled, "who fucked you up so bad, emotionally and mentally, that you've completely shut down anyone who tried to help. You don't talk about your feelings, you push kind people like me away, and you let negative people like HYDRA in. You refuse to open up and let someone love or care about you. Who fucking did that to you? I swear I will rip their limbs off. Okay, that was seriously violent. I'll hurt them though. Just tell me who." (Y/n) exclaimed.

Aylo did nothing but laugh at his new silly friend. He shook his head repeatedly. You want to take care of everyone. But who takes care of you?

"Sure I make sacrifices. But I have my family. I have Calvin, Tony, (F/n), Bucky, Natasha, Steve, Clint, Sam, Thor, sometimes Brucet too. I take care of them and they take care of me. That's what family does." (Y/n) smiled.

What about friends? Aylo asked, noticing that she left him out. Even though they were friends just five minutes before, he never felt loved or cared about by anyone except that young lady in front of him. So he was asking where was his place in her world.

"Friends come and go. But only the true ones stay. And I am sure that you and I are gonna be good friends since we're practically one." She chuckled.

Do you promise? He asked, his voice shaking a little.

"Well, of course. If I ever get out of here that is." She forced a smile but came out weird.

Then an idea popped up in Aylo's head, he knew what to do. Oh my god. He said.

"Oh your god what?" (Y/n) asked, worried.

Then Aylo exclaimed something that surprised (Y/n), he said. I can manage that.

-Kiana🙊