Not Your Typical Party

Stefan has been ignoring me ever since he found out about the entire deal, Elena and I made with Elijah. I woke up this morning with him out of the bed, I admit that I didn't make the smartest decision when it came to the deal. In my defence, it was better than nothing.

       I closed my laptop and glanced out the window. Stefan was out of the dock, throwing rocks onto the lake. I sighed and got up from the windowseat, it was colder here than in Mystic Falls, so I had bundle up. I opened my side of the dresser and tried to pick out a warm outfit. I chose after 5 minutes of consideration: a black long sleeve shirt, creme v-neck sweater, blue jeans, and black heeled ankle boots. I added a silver bracelet, a black cotton beret, and silver earrings. I curled my hair and did my normal makeup style. I grabbed Jonathan Gilbert's journals and a blanket. I tiredly walked into the living room and sat down on the couch, snuggling into the blanket. I got engrossed in his entries, he started talking about a vampire that killed him but Jonathan had the Gilbert ring on.

     "This vampire was a monster and I recognized him, it was Stefan Salvatore." I looked up and stared at Stefan on the dock. He was on the phone, talking to someone, obviously. I went back to reading the journal, Jonathan explained a lot about the remaining vampires in Mystic Falls. He wrote about gory stuff, Stefan never told me about. I heard my phone buzz from the counter, where I left it charging. I got up and checked it.

     Stefan, still mad?-Lena

     Oh yeah, Damon?-Eve

       She didn't respond right away so I decided to make breakfast, maybe Stefan will be less mad, I hope. I was cooking eggs when Elena responded.

    That's an understatement. He's furious, but we both know Damon, he cares deeply about me and doesn't want to lose me. Same with Stefan.-Lena

       She was right, Stefan cares so much about me, I know he doesn't want to lose me. I went back to cooking breakfast, waiting for Stefan to come in. The lakehouse didn't have a microwave so I had to cook the bacon on the stove. Stefan had come in, without warning, and slammed the glass door shut. I jumped from the surprise but got over it, he was overreacting.

   "You could be more gentle with a glass door." I snapped. I heard him scoff and he rushed over to the kitchen. "I take it, you're still mad." I stated, flipping the eggs.

   "Yeah, I'm still mad." He stated, gently moving me over to get to the bacon. I put down the spatula and looked over at him.

   "We disagreed on something, Stefan. We're not gonna agree all the time." I said. He grabbed my wrist, carefully and turned me to face him.

   "Evelyn, you agreed to sacrifice yourself to Klaus. That's not a difference of opinion, and to call it that is a complete understatement." I pulled my wrist out of his grasp, and moved the eggs to plates.

    "You obviously would know." I muttered, grabbing my plate. He followed my gaze to the journal, laying on the coffee table.

   "Jonathan Gilbert must have a lot to say."

   "Oh yeah, He wrote the most insane things." I said, taking a bite. I handed the journal to Stefan. "He kept things from the founding families, stuff that you never told me." He read the part, I had read earlier, sighed, and closed the book.

   "Um, we were angry at what they did to Carlia and Katherine. We wanted revenge but I didn't know about the Gilbert ring." He explained.

   "He said you were a monster." I said, glancing at the journal.

   "I was worse," Stefan sighed, "I want you to know but only from me. I was the worst vampire possible, I couldn't contain the bloodlust." We moved over to the couch as he explained the darkest parts of his life.