Founder's Day

Evelyn's POV

I woke up this morning to Lindsey, Caroline, and Elena yelling at me to get up. When I was able to get up, I was rushed to Lindsey's room where she had a corset dress that she never wore. It was a pretty light blue dress with a white corset. I slipped on the dress over my head and and stepped into the big hoop skirt. Lindsey grabbed the strings to the corset and pulled tightly on them. Breathing was hard to do in this dress. I added my necklace and stepped carefully into my white heels. Lindsey curled my hair and pulled it to the side, securing it with a cute hairpin that Lindsey gave me. She guided me to the car and helped me inside. When we arrived, Tyler helped me out. He was dressed as a soldier.

"Thank you Soldier." I greeted, curtsying and cracking a smile.

"The pleasure's mine, m' lady." We walked over to the floats and started talking. It was nice to talk to Tyler after the whole breakup thing. I was glad that it wasn't awkward between us. "Maybe we can get coffee sometime."

"Sure, that would great." I smiled.

Stefan's POV

I was waiting for Eve when Damon arrived in his dashing suit.

"So I heard that 1st, 2nd, 3rd place winners are the first ones on the float. And that would be Caroline, Elena, and Evelyn. So we get to stand next to each other on the float." He gloated.

"What are you doing here anyways, you hate parade floats." I said.

"I did till my girlfriend convinced me. I rather be enjoying the divine blood of humans." Damon taunted, my eyebrows arched. "Fine, I just thought Isobel & Kate are gone, the Gilbert invention is deactivated, and I'm not going to die so why not enjoy life. Besides, do you think I'm going to steal the hearts of your girl too?"

"As long as you keep Elena, I'm fine. Don't start with Evelyn." I warned.

"Do you not have any sense of humor?"

"I do except I have no sense of Damon humor." I stated.

"Nice, but hey, I'm not the one you should be worried about." Damon advised, pointing to Tyler and Evelyn. They were talking and they would crack up laughing every now and then.

"They're friends." I retorted.

"Yeah but with a relationship past." He pointed out.

"Well one thing's for sure, they're not Carlia and Katherine."

"One thing we actually agree on." Damon said. I looked over at Evelyn and she turned her head, noticing me. She smiled and waved. Damon was mesmerized by something or someone. I turned in the direction he was staring and I saw Elena looking identical to Katherine.

Jeremy's POV

As I was getting for the parade, I kept thinking about Anna's mother being killed while trying to convince her to turn me. I felt wind and whipped around to see a note and flask on my bed.

Jer,

I'm leaving, I want you to come with me. Here's my blood, if you die with it in your system, you'll turn. You can shut out all the pain, I can show you. I love you.

~Anna

I stared down at the flask and sat down. There's so much pain that I really wish I could shut it all off. Elena lied to me about vampires and had Damon compel me to forget. Evelyn and Stefan also knew about it and let it happen.

Evelyn's POV

Stefan had pulled me into an empty classroom.

"Eve, I don't know how to say this." He sighed, his voice a little shaky. I automatically jumped to conclusions.