The Night of the Comet

I decided to do research on the Civil War and dates to impress Mr. Tanner and Stefan so mainly, I could get on Mr. Tanner's nerves again. I was already up so I grabbed some coffee and sat at my windowseat, staring out at the sunset. Fifteen minutes later, I got up and changed into a long sleeve gray shirt, jeans, and gray vans. I pulled my hair into a ponytail. Lindsey was still asleep so I left a note and drove to school. I sat on a bench and read. I felt a tap on my shoulder, it was Tyler.
"Hey Eve." He said.
"Hey.'' I said.
"Do you want to go to the comet together?" He asked.
"Like a date?" I asked.
"Yeah." He said.
"Tyler, I would love to." I said. He smiled and put his arm around my waist.
"You don't mind." He said.
"Not at all." I said.
"So you don't mind if I kiss you?" He asked. OK, I wasn't that type of girl. "Well. I do mind about that." I admitted. We started chatting about random stuff. I saw Elena come up behind Tyler.
"Bye." I said to Tyler. I kissed his cheek then left with Elena.
"Uh, since when are you and Tyler a thing?" She asked.
"Since like 5 minutes ago." I answered.
"Cool, I'm glad you moved on." She said. We were at our lockers when Stefan came up.
"So guess what the talk of the school is?" he asked," Tevelyn."
"Teleyn?" Elena questioned.
"Tyler and Evelyn, seen chatting by a bench and Tyler had his arm around you." stefan said.
"Yeah we're dating.'' I said.
"Just be careful, Lyn." he said.
"Thanks." I said. I knew he was looking out for me, I was glad. We went to class like normal. After school Elena, Caroline, Bonnie, and I sat outside the grill.
"So what's up with Tevelyn?" Caroline asked.
"We just started dating." I said.
"And stelena?" she asked.
"We have a ship name, we're not even dating." Elena said.
"There was no kiss or anything and wasn't Tyler obsessed with Vicki?" Caroline asked me. I shrugged, I honestly didn't know but he might be over her.
"Nope, we didn't go there. Just talked for hours." Elena said.
"Why wait, just do it already." Caroline said. Elena looked at her phone and got up.
"Where are you going?'' Bonnie asked.
"Caroline is right, and the longer I sit here, ill end up talking myself out of it," Elena explained," Evelyn, you're coming with me."
"You want me there?"i asked.
"To convince me to go through with it." she answered. We said goodbye and headed towards the house. The door was open so we walked in.
"Stefan.'' Elena and I called.
"He's not here." A voice said. We turned around and saw a tall, handsome man with jet black hair and ice blue eyes.
"Who are you?" Elena asked.
"Damon, Stefan's brother." He answered.
"He didn't say he had a brother." I said.
"He's not one to brag, and you two are?" he asked.
"I'm Elena and this is Evelyn.'' Elena said.
"Surprised he moved on." Damon said.
"What do you mean?" Elena asked.
"His exes Carlia and Katherine." Damon said. Carlia, where have I heard that name before.
"Elena, Evelyn, what are you doing here?" Stefan asked.
"Sorry, we should have called." Elena said.
"No need, you guys are welcome anytime, aren't they Stefan?" Damon said. We walked to the door but Stefan blocked us.
"Stefan?" I said. He moved and we left. "that was weird.'"
"Yep, let's forget it.'' Elena said.
"Agreed." I said. she dropped me off at my house. I changed and went to the square, I saw Tyler kissing Vicki. I'm not surprised, he seemed too good to be true, I started running away then I ran into something hard. I looked up and it was Stefan.
"Eve, what's wrong?" he asked. I guess he could sense my anger.
"Tyler." I said through gritted teeth.
"Did he break up with you?" he asked.
"No, he was kissing Vicki.'' I said. Then I started bawling, I have really bad trust issues. I guess everyone heard because Elena, Matt, Caroline, Bonnie, and Jeremy came over.
"What's wrong with her?" Bonnie asked.
"She saw Tyler kissing Vicki and they didn't break up." Stefan explained. I was crying even harder. I know this is a stupid reason to cry because we weren't technically dating but it hurts.  Stefan had his arms around me so I was crying into his chest.
"I'm going to punch him." Matt said.
"Agreed." Jeremy said. They went over to find him and Elena was comforting me. Caroline was walking around and Bonnie was passing out flyers. I had cried for a while but stopped. I'm not letting this affect me, I'm stronger than this. It's not like I was in love with him like I was Alex. Vicki had gone missing, not that I cared at the moment but we were looking for her, I ran into Tyler.
"Evelyn, wait!" he shouted.
"What?" I said.
"I'm sorry." he apologized.
"Am I supposed to believe you?" I asked, crossing my arms.
"Yes, it was a mistake." He said. I could tell he was lying.
"No, trusting to you was a mistake, Caroline was right." I said and I walked away. I went home and Lindsey wasn't. I crawled into bed and put in The Proposal into my DVD player, I needed a laugh.  I heard a knock at the door. halfway into the movie and Elena came in.
"Want some happy news?" She asked.
"I loved some." I answered, sitting up
"Ok one, Tyler got his butt kicked and two, Stefan and I kissed." She squealed.
"OMG, what happened?" I squealed back.
"Well, I went over there, and we sat outside and we talked then he kissed me." Elena explained. I smiled and hugged her.
"You did kiss back, right?" I asked.
"Of course." She said.
"Stelena." I stated. She smiled and nodded.
"Are you wallowing." She asked.
"Sort of, I mean, he's a jerk but I have trust issues." I replied, sinking lower into my bed.
"Then we'll slumber it." Elena said, opening my door. Caroline and Bonnie walked in and sat on my bed. We fell asleep around 12, we talked and laughed pretty much all night. I had actually forgotten about this horrible day.
*********
     I'm so sorry for not updating. I've been stressed with makeup work because I missed pretty much a whole week of school. I had to go to Virginia for my great grandmothers funeral last Wednesday 9/25/2013.