Pilot

"I'm gonna miss you so much." My best friend Sabrina cried as she hugged me.

        I bit my lip to hold back tears, I was about to drive a long distance, I didn't need to be crying the whole way. You see, I'm moving to Mystic Falls, Virginia to live with my sister, Lindsey. Our parents died in a car accident, four months ago. The thing was that I was in the car but I made it and they didn't. I've been trying to accept that for months but no progress. I'm both happy and sad about the move. Happy because I get a fresh start: meet new people, I won't be reminded of the pain everyday, and I get to see my sister again. I don't have the relationship wit my sister that I used to have, she's 11 years older than me. I would go for summers to her house, so it's not like I haven't seen her in years. Okay, the bad part is I'm leaving my best friend Sabrina. We've been best friends since 6th grade when I moved here. I didn't grow up here, I moved here seven years ago. I spent the first seven years in Mystic Falls, so it's not a complete fresh start but close enough. The other reason, I'm glad to leave New York is because of my ex-boyfriend Alex, we were going strong then he just broke up with me after my parents' death, he said I was too depressed.

     "I'm gonna miss you more, Bri. You have to come and visit sometime." I said, pulling away from our hug. I had stayed the night at her house so we were standing outside by my car. I had 6 hour drive ahead of me, so wish me luck.

    "I'm totally texting and calling you everyday." Bri promised. I smiled and hugged her again. I don't know the next time that I will see her again. I opened my car door and got inside, rolling down the window.

   "You better." I smiled as I buckled my seatbelt. I put the car into reverse and back out of Sabrina's driveway. I waved to her as I put the car back in drive and drove off. Mystic Falls, here I come!

~*~

    After several bathroom stops and food runs, I made it to my sister's house. I had a trunk full of stuff from the old house, most of it, I left a lot in the family storage. I got out of the car and walked to the door, really excited to see Lindsey. I happily knocked on the door and waited for her to open the door. She lived in a nice little house, it was brown little house with creme shutters and garnet colored door. I didn't realize the door opened till Lindsey pulled me into a tight hug.

    "Evelyn, you're here!" She exclaimed, I reacted to the sudden hug by wrapping my arms around her waist. We kinda swayed for a bit like this, wrapped in our hug. I felt water drop on my shoulder, then I realized she was crying.

   "Lin, I missed you." I mumbled against her shoulder. We broke apart and she wiped her tears. I admired my sister, she had gorgeous ombre hair that went past her shoulders and sparkling green eyes that looked like the color of grass but prettier. She was 5'5 so I was just about her height.

   "Let's grab your stuff and get you settled in." She said, stepping out the door. I popped the trunk of my blue 2009 impala. The trunk was huge and managed to fit all my junk. Lin and I got all of my stuff in the matter of a few trips. We went up to my room that was just the way I left it when I was here last summer. My room was technically the guestroom, I had painted it a lavender color and there was a white queen bed in the center with flowery comforter. My favorite part about the room was the windowseat. I loved being able to sit and write in my song journal every morning while staring out at the sunrise. All I brought with me was the rest of my clothes and toiletries plus extra stuff like photos, my guitar, song journal, etc and etc. I was hanging up my clothes when Lin asked me. "How was the drive?"

     "It was good, give me plenty of time to think." I answered, while organizing my closet.

    "That's good, I love those kind of drives." Lindsey said. "Well, it's almost eleven. You should get some rest, first day of your new school." I sighed and walked out of the closet, shutting the door.