Keeping Him Strong

Evelyn's POV

     It was morning before I knew it. I woke up and went straight downstairs for breakfast. Lindsey came in shortly after.

     "Hey, I heard about you and Stefan." She said.

   "Yeah, I don't know what happened, we were going great." I sighed. I finished making my famous chocolate chip pancakes. I ate a few with Lindsey before going back upstairs. I was helping at the Mystic Falls Historical Society Volunteer Day. I slid on my jeans and white undershirt. I had to iron my grey button up three quarter length blouse. I grabbed it off the hanger and closed my closet door. Again, I felt the same feeling from last night, like someone was watching me. I turned around and there laying on my bed was Stefan. He smiled and sat up, he was instantly in front of me. He leaned down and kissed me. "Hi." I whispered, kissing him back.

     "Hi." He said when we pulled away. I finished ironing my shirt and slid it on, then proceeding to button it. "Can't you just wear the undershirt?"

   "Ha, and have you staring at me all day. Not the plan, mister." I scolded while smiling, putting my hands on my hips.

    "Speaking of the plan, you ready?"

   "No, I hate fighting with you. Even if it's fake." I groaned. He wrapped his arms around me in a hug, I hugged him back.

   "Me too, but if Carlia believes it then she'll think she's winning. I told Damon about Katherine's threat but not about us."

   "Good, I still can't believe Caroline is her reporter person."

   "Hey, look at me," Stefan whispered, "everything will be okay. This keeps her from hurting her or anyone."

   "Okay, just promise me that all of this isn't real. We can pretend but it will never get to us."

   "Of course not, how about when I say, 'Evelyn, I can't do this anymore,' it really means I love you." He vowed.

   "And when I say 'Whatever, Stefan,' really means I love you too." I vowed. We both smiled and kissed one more time before he jumped out my window. I really love this guy, he's the best thing that has ever happened to me. I smiled to myself before stepping into my shoes. They were my grey low heeled boots. I put in some gold dangly earrings and pulled my hair into a ponytail. I quickly applied my makeup then Lin & I left for Mystic Falls Public Park.

~*~

     Lindsey found Jenna when we got there and it wasn't long before I found Caroline & Lena. We were painting some posts'

      "Hello? Eve?" Elena said. I came back to reality.

      "Guess by the distance staring, you haven't fixed that argument." Caroline said.

      "No, he thinks Carlia's jealous and willl hurt me. I've tried everything to change his mind." I said.

      "Eve, Carlia's dangerous. He's got a point ." Elena said.

      " I know, and I know he is trying to protect me, but it's just." I trailed off.

       " Just what?" Caroline asked.

       " Seems like he is giving up and I thought that we were stronger than that." I said.

Mason's POV

      After last night's incident, with Damon stabbing me with silver. I figured out he is a vampire and so is his brother Stefan. I informed Liz but she doesn't believe me. I know Stefan's dating a human probably his little blood bag. She keeps looking at him but she is wearing vervain. I decided to go talk to her.