Once Upon a Glade~ Gally (Part Two)

Start from the beginning

Your heartbeat rose quickly, and with wide eyes you turned back to Gally. He faked a smirk, and said with a wave of his hand, "go ahead. They need ya back. You win the bet, you're just as capable as me. Congrats."

You ran back to Gally and wrapped your arms around him, a fleeting gesture of gratitude, and dashed down the watchtower.

"Zart?" you asked as you burst through the door. "Are you okay?"

With shaking legs and wide eyes, you rushed to the bedside and tore the sheets off the bed, but there wasn't anyone there.

How strange, you thought.

Before you could blink, a muscular arm wrapped around your waist, and another circled around your neck. As soon as they had their grip on you, you squirmed and thrashed in a desperate attempt to escape, but they wouldn't let up. His forearm dug into your throat, cutting off your air. You let out a series of squeaks and gasps as you tried with all your power to suck air back into your lungs.

After some time, your knees grew weak from struggling, and your lungs were screaming for air. You weakened and felt your eyes drooping shut, and your knees collapsed before you could help it. As you collapsed, your attacker wrapped a rope around your wrists and secured them to your knees, binding you in a kneeling position.

The air slowly started to fill your lungs again, giving you somewhat more strength, as Alby stepped out from the shadows.

"Alby?" you snarled, tugging at your bound wrists.

He lifted his foot and your eyes widened as he slammed it into your stomach. With a little grunt, you fell forward, allowing your hair to cover your face.

"Shut up," he demanded. A fiery rage was lit in his eyes that sent a chill down your spine. "you have no right, strollin' on in here like you belong while you're out makin out with that stupid shuckin builder."

"What the hell is wrong with you? You believe you have the right to do this? I swear, when the other gladers find out, you'll be bani-"

The sharp connection of Alby's hand against your skin shut you up, and Alby towered over you with his face contorted into a snarl.

"Gally's gonna pay for this. You're not gonna stop me. No way in hell."

With that he was out the door, leaving you to deal with the restraints on your own.

Gally sat on top of the watchtower with a heavy heart.

You were gone.

He finally had someone he cared about- someone he had an obligation to protect with his life. The other gladers were more like brothers to him, nothing like this.

This new compulsion was unlike anything he had ever experienced. Seeing you in pain was like having a knife driven through his own heart. This wasn't a brother-sister like relationship.

This was pure love, and Gally found himself stuck in it.

Not that it wasn't heaven on Earth, but now that Zart had stolen you away....

"Ugh!" he grunted, standing up at tugging at his own hair. He squeezed his eyes shut as if darkness would drive his thoughts away. "I hate Zart... I hate those shucking track-hoes...."

Deep in his heart, however, he knew that blaming the other gladers would not solve his dilemma. Had he been more brave and open to you in the past, you could still be together.

It was his own selfish, stupid actions that led to you going back to the track-hoes.

Something connected with the backs of Gally's legs, which sent him scrambling to his knees. The taste of blood sprinkled his tongue as he turned his head to face Alby's silhouette.