twenty nine

space.

zayn has grown to hate that word. it's been a little over a month since he's last seen liam.

it was weird to suddenly have liam ripped out of his life. zayn used to go to liam's house everyday. now, he just locks himself in his house.

he can't really talk to anyone about it either. it'd be stupid of him to tell perrie about his cheating fiasco. he tried to talk to louis but all louis told him was i told you so and it was about time.

since perrie had already auditioned for the record companies, she was at home more than she used to. zayn didn't want to be around her. he feels some sort of bitterness towards her. as if liam not talking to him is her fault.

zayn finds himself in his old room at his old house. it's doniya's room now, and she made that pretty clear when she found zayn laying in her bed.

"no offense zayn, but why are you here?" doniya asks. zayn's been anticipating this question. he knew his sister would ask him eventually.

"i did something stupid." zayn admits. doniya lays down on her side so that she's facing her brother.

"how stupid?" she asks. "zayn, if you did something illegal, you need to find another place to hideout because i'm not trying to go to jail for being an accessory."

zayn chuckles lightly and shakes his head. "no. i didn't do anything illegal."

"good." doniya says. "so what did you do?"

zayn's going to tell her. he trusts his sister enough. zayn is tired of keeping this to himself and he needs a second opinion. "i cheated." he sighs. "on perrie." zayn finishes.

doniya's jaw drops and she lets out a gasp. "what? with who?" she questions. 

"his name is liam." zayn replies. "yeah," he shrugs, "it's been going on for months now."

"does perrie know?" his sister asks softly. zayn's surprised that she hasn't scolded him by now.

zayn shakes his head. "no. but i want to tell her so i can end things and get back with liam. it's complicated but i-"

"woah woah woah. stop right there." doniya cuts him off and sits up in her bed. "who is liam?"

zayn is somewhat confused by this question. he just told her who liam was. but he figures she means who is liam to him, especially if zayn wants to end his relationship for him.

"i love him. if that's what you mean." zayn says with a shrug. "i didn't cheat just to cheat, i cheated because i loved him and he had feelings for me too." he explains. "he didn't want to at first. liam didn't want to cheat but after several months passed, we ended up doing it anyway. we eventually slept together and i guess that was the last straw for him."

doniya stays quiet for a while. zayn doesn't blame her. this is a lot to process. "zayn," she sighs, "you know better than not to cheat. you were raised better than that. mom and dad never cheated on each other!"

"i know." zayn stresses. "but i fell out of love with perrie and in love with liam-"

"then break up with perrie." his sister says. "the only thing you're doing is hurting all three of you."

"but-"

"no buts. good for him for realizing that this is wrong. you shouldn't continue to be in a relationship that you don't want to be in, let alone cheat on the person. if you don't want to be with perrie anymore, break up with her. you're only hurting her more by doing this."