From A to Z

A/N: 'Isaac' as in Zoe and Alana's son. And headcanon that all the kids call Jared 'Uncle Jared'.

Isaac was sitting in his room, trying to avoid his uncles Evan, Connor and Jared.

They were waiting for Jeremy, Michael, Ainsley, Isabel and Lily to arrive, so he had some time to himself.

Today, his moms Zoe and Alana were bringing home a brother for Isaac.

A brother he didn't want.

Zoe and Alana had tried to change his mind, with no success. He was hiding in case anyone else wanted to attempt to do the same.

So, he hid under his bed.

Isaac heard the door open and he tensed up, trying to make no movements at all.

"Isaac?" A voice called. "Are you in here?"

It was his cousin, Abigail.

Abby was 8, one year younger than him.

"I know you're in here," she said.

Isaac hid his head in his hands. He then felt Abby touch his shoulder.

"Boo," she said. Isaac looked up and saw that she was crawling under the bed. She was laying next to him.

"Why are you here?" He mumbled.

"I'm checking on you. Are you okay? What's wrong?"

He sighed. "Nothing," he lied.

"Let me guess," she said. "You don't want a little brother. You're scared he'll take all the spotlight and you'll be ignored."

Isaac paused. "How did you know?"

Abby chuckled. "Because I've been in your shoes, Isaac. I didn't want a little sister, but now Charlie's my best friend."

Isaac groaned. "I just... I don't know."

Abby struggled to put a hand on his shoulder. "Everything will be okay. I promise. You'll love him."

"I guess he's already two years old... so we can form a connection. And he can talk."

"And walk!" Abby smiled.

"Yeah, you're right. Thanks, Abby."

"It's okay, Isaac. How about we get out from underneath the bed so I can give you a huge hug?"

"Sounds good," he laughed.

They both wriggled out from underneath the bed. Abby stood up and helped Isaac up. His foot had fallen asleep from being under the bed for too long, so he stumbled a bit. Abby caught him, both of them laughing.

He then gave his cousin a huge hug, as promised. "Thanks again, Abby."

"No problem," she said. "Everyone's here now. Let's go see them."

They went to the living room and said hello to everyone who had just arrived. They sat around for a while, asking Isaac a lot of questions regarding his new brother.

Soon, they heard the door open. Zoe, Alana and Cynthia walked in. Zoe was clutching a toddler. He had blonde hair and chocolate brown eyes.

"Hi, everyone," Alana said. "This is Jackson Murphy."

The little boy, Jackson, smiled.

Everyone rushed over to see Jackson, but Isaac remained seated, picking at loose threads on the couch. Then he stood up, rushing over to his room.

Once again, he hid under his bed.

"Come on, Isaac," his Uncle Connor called. He partially shut the door behind him. "Get out from under the bed, I want to talk to you."

Isaac groaned, crawling out from under his bed. He stood up, brushed himself off, and sat down on the bed next to Connor.

"I know Abby came in to talk to you not long ago," he started. "And I'm pretty much going to say the same thing, but hear me out."

Isaac nodded for him to continue.

"I went through pretty much the same thing, except my little sister is your mom. And trust me, I did not want a little sister."

"What'd you do?" Isaac asked.

"I screamed whenever I was in the same room as her. I couldn't do much, I was barely one."

Isaac couldn't help but laugh.

"And do you know what happened?" Connor said. "A while later, I grew to love her. Growing up, we were very close. Sure, we had our fights. In fact, there was a time when we barely spoke."

"What happened then?"

"I tried to fix things. It took a while, but it worked. I'm glad we're friends again." Connor paused for a moment. "I hated her at the beginning, but you know what would've happened if she weren't in my life? She never would've met Alana, and they never would've adopted you, and you wouldn't be in our lives, buddy." Connor ruffled his hair.

Isaac gave him an awkward side hug. "Thank-you. I-I'll go see Jackson."

Connor hugged him back

Isaac moved away from the hug and stood up, seeing Zoe at the door. She had tears streaming down her face.

She kissed Isaac's forehead as he walked by. "I'm proud of you, honey."

Isaac smiled and saw Connor wrap her in a huge hug. "Thank-you, Con."

"Love you, Zo," Connor said.

"Love you too."

Isaac smiled and walked into the living room. Jackson was sitting on Alana's lap.

"Hey, Isaac," she said. Isaac walked closer to Jackson. Jackson smiled at him, his brown eyes twinkling. "Jackson, this is Isaac," Alana said calmly. "Your brother."

"Can... Can I hug him?"

Alana nodded, putting Jackson down.

Isaac knelt down and held his arms out for a hug, and Jackson walked into his arms, wrapping his short arms around Isaac's neck.

"I...saac," Jackson said, poking Isaac's nose. Everyone laughed.

"That's right," Isaac said. "Can I call him Jax?" He asked Alana.

She nodded, smiling. "That's cute."

"Jax!" Jax yelled, clapping his hands.

Isaac laughed.

Maybe Abby and Connor were right. Maybe he would grow to love Jackson.

Maybe it was already happening.

A/N: This took me ages to write because I was distracted by Glee songs wHOOPS.

alSO BARE: A POP OPERA IS BEING ADAPTED INTO A MOVIE EVERYONE CALM DOWN THIS IS NOT A DRILL

Okay maybe I need to calm down.

Take it easy!

- Em <3