College

A/N: Okay so this chapter is mostly song lyrics but I thought it was cute.

And Groundhog Day is a great musical.

"What am I going to do without you?" Connor whined to Evan. Evan was sitting at the table eating breakfast, and Connor was sitting across from him.

"I'll only be gone during the day," Evan told him, taking a bite of his toast.

"I know, but I'll miss you!"

It was Evan's first day of college. He was going to study forestry.

"Hey, at least it's only a ten minute drive," he said. "And they don't require you to stay on campus."

Connor pouted and reached over to hold one of Evan's hands. He was holding his left one and running his thumb over the engagement ring.

"Don't get me wrong, I am really happy that you're going to college," Connor said.

Evan squeezed Connor's hand before standing up to put his plate in the dishwasher. "There's still an hour before I have to leave," Evan reminded him. Connor stood and walked towards Evan, wrapping his arms around his waist from behind and leaning his head against his shoulder.

"Can I come with you?" Connor asked.

"Wow," Evan chuckled. "You want to go to school?"

"You'll be there, so yes."

Evan turned around so he was facing Connor and kissed him. Connor kissed back for a while before pulling away and resting his forehead against Evan's.

"Can we just stay like this until you have to leave?" He asked.

"Or we could unironically watch The Lorax," Evan joked.

"I'll watch it ironically."

"Or we could belt out musicals."

"That idea wins," Connor laughed.

He walked into the living room and Evan followed closely behind. Connor took his phone out of his pocket and plugged it into the AUX on the stereo. A moment later, Seeing You from Groundhog Day played.

"Drove out of town, took a right onto a northbound highway," Connor sang. As he sang, he walked over to Evan, wrapping his arms around the boy's waist.

"Why am I Rita?" Evan laughed.

"Because her last name's Hanson," Connor replied. "And you're better at singing her parts."

"Both are very good points."

"Was it really only yesterday?" Connor continued to sing, looking into Evan's eyes and smiling. They swayed to the music. "If I had known what now I know, maybe I would've taken a moment. Maybe looked over my shoulder. Maybe shed a tear. Now I'm here..."

Evan was smiling at him.

"A storm blew in, overwhelmed me sometime late this morning," Connor continued.

"Think I ignored the warnings," they sang together.

"I've spent a lifetime seeking signs, reading lines, trying to forecast the future. Always staying a day ahead."

"Well that was the idea," they sang together.

"But I'm here..." Connor sang, resting his forehead against Evan's. "I thought I'd seen it all, was sure by now I knew this place. I swear that I knew every hair, each line upon your face. I thought the only way to better days was through tomorrow. But I know now that I know, I know now that I know nothing." Connor paused. "But I'm here, and I'm fine, and I'm seeing you for the first time. I'm alright, and I'm seeing you for the first time."

Connor pressed his lips against his fiancé's. Evan ran a hand through Connor's hair. They stayed this way the whole instrumental break.

"I thought I'd seen it all before, I thought I knew everything," they sang together.

"There was to know," Evan sang.

"There was to know," Connor repeated.

"About men like you," Evan continued.

"And I was sure."

They sang the rest of the song together. "I thought the only way to better days was through tomorrow, but I know now that I know, yes I know now that I know that I'm here, and I'm fine, and I'm seeing you for the first time. I'm alright, and I'm seeing you..."

They looked into each other's eyes and smiled for the rest of the song. When the song finished, Connor kissed Evan once again. "I love you so much, Evan Hansen."

"And I love you so much, Connor Murphy."