Tree Girl

A/N: I forgot to mention that I take requests and they would be greatly appreciated!

Anyways, have some older Lily.

TW: Homophobia and very, very mild violence.

Every morning, Evan would drive to Heidi and Paul's house to help with Lily and drop her off at Kindergarten on his way to work as a park ranger.

However, this morning was different.

"Connie!" Evan called up the stairs.

"Yeah?" Connor asked, walking down to meet his husband. He greeted him with a kiss.

"I know it's really last minute, but I have an urgent meeting at work, so I was wo-"

"You want me to help with Lily?" Connor asked, his face lighting up.

"If you can. If not, I can ask Je-"

"Don't you fucking dare ask Jeremy."

"Okay," Evan giggled. "I really appreciate it. Thank-you."

"It's no problem." Connor was still grinning. "By the way, have you checked in with Isabel lately?"

Isabel had spoken to Evan and Connor after she came out to them as aro/ace, saying she had a problem. She wanted to carry a child, and wasn't sure what to do.

Which was convenient, since Evan and Connor were looking into adoption.

So Isabel was the surrogate mother of their child and was six months pregnant.

"I spoke to her twenty minutes ago. She said everything's fine," Evan replied with a smile.

Connor nodded. "Good. Well, I should probably go now. Later, Tree Boy."

"Bye," Evan said, giving him a quick kiss on the lips.

Connor left the house, grabbing his keys on the way out.

***

"Connie!" Lily squealed, running outside the house and into Connor's arms, giving him a big hug. Lily and Evan were the only people that were allowed to call him 'Connie'.

"Hey, Tree Girl," he laughed, hugging her back. "You've grown."

Lily pulled away and smiled proudly, showing off a gap in her front teeth. "I'm nearly as tall as you."

"Are you now?" Connor chuckled. Lily nodded.

"Connie, could you please braid my hair?" She asked sweetly.

"Sure," he said, ruffling her hair. The two walked inside where they were greeted by Heidi, who was just about to head out.

"Hi, Connor," she smiled. "Where's Evan?"

"Hi, Heidi," he replied. "Evan had to attend an urgent meeting, so I'm helping with Lily." Lily smiled at her mother.

Heidi smiled back. "Thank-you so much, Connor." She gave Lily a quick kiss on the head. "Mommy has to go now. I'll see you tonight. Have fun at Kinder, love you, Lily." She turned to walk out the door. "Bye, Connor." With that, she was gone.

Connor turned to Lily. "Ready for me to braid your hair?"

Lily nodded. "Yay! Could you come with me to get my brush and hairties?"