Goodbye

A/N: This is a shorter chapter. Sorry.

About a week before, Jared's world had come crashing down.

Him and his boyfriend, Isaac had been involved in a car accident. The driver of the other car, Harry Tyler, had intended to kill both of them.

Unfortunately, he killed Isaac, killing Jared inside.

To make matters worse, there was another intention for that night.

Jared looked at the silver and gold ring on his left hand with tears in his eyes. Today was his funeral, and he was considering not attending. It would mean saying goodbye to the boy he still loved.

It wasn't fair. Everyone Jared had ever loved eventually left him, and there was nothing he could do about it.

His parents began to push him away after the death of his older brother, Jackson. He had been fighting leukemia for a few years. Unfortunately, he lost the battle. Jared still cried about it some nights, even though it had happened six years ago.

Jared had used the humour strategy to mask the pain. However, in the process, he had pushed Evan away.

Evan.

Another person he had been in love with for years. But all Evan could talk about was Zoe Murphy.

Then Evan stopped liking Zoe, and Jared couldn't help but feel, well... glad. But then Connor came along, and Jared knew that Evan would never love him back.

But his world changed when he met Isaac. It was like he could see everything in a new light. Maybe life wasn't so horrible. Isaac brought with him a ray of sunshine that healed Jared's heart.

But now that Isaac was gone, the sunshine was too.

Jared softly cried as he climbed into his car.

He sat there for a bit before taking off his glasses to wipe his eyes with his sleeve.

He turned the keys in ignition and made his way to the cemetery.

***

A lot of people sat in the rows of chairs, mourning Isaac. Evan sat next to him, squeezing his hand everytime he sobbed.

They lowered the coffin into the grave and Jared stood in front to make a speech, a bouquet of flowers in hand.

"I loved Isaac with all of my heart," he began. "In fact, I still do. He brought that element of happiness and joy into my life that I could only dream of having before I met him."

Jared paused, twisting the ring around his finger. "Now that he's gone..." Jared sniffed. "I feel as though this was one big nightmare. Like I'll wake up in Isaac's arms, telling him about this horrible dream and he'll comfort me. Tell me everything's okay. That's he there, and not leaving anytime soon. But unfortunately, this is reality. A reality without Isaac."

He turned to the grave, throwing his flowers on top of the coffin and pulling a ring out of his pocket, similar to his own. He dropped it in the grave and it landed on top of the flowers.

"Isaac's gone," he said, facing everyone. "But he sure as Hell won't be forgotten. He'll remain in my heart for as long as I live, and after."

He sat back down. His heartfelt speech had brought almost everyone to tears. Evan was a sobbing mess.

The funeral concluded and everyone stood to leave.

Jared walked up to the grave. "Goodbye, Isaac." Tears streamed down his face as he blew a kiss towards the coffin. "I love you."

A/N: Can you tell I've had a bad day?