Beautiful

A/N: Here have a teen Lily chapter.

I'm sorry I love Lily.

Also, I realised that Evan and Connor are like 33 in this.

"It's the big night!" Lily's friend Crystal sat next to her, wrapping her in a small hug. "Are you nervous?"

Lily shook her head. "Not really."

"Oh yeah, I forgot. It's not your first show," Crystal replied.

Lily smiled to herself. It was true, she absolutely adored theatre. She had been in many musicals. The previous year, at the age of fourteen, she had played Ivy Robinson in Bare (somehow, she had passed for a seventeen year-old).

The first musical she ever performed in was Amelie, playing young Amelie. Lily was eight at the time.

This year, her theatre group was putting on Heathers: The Musical, and she was playing Veronica Sawyer.

"You'll do great!" Lily said, hugging her friend back and giving her a totally platonic kiss on the cheek.

Lily didn't really have a crush on her or anything, but if Crystal ever asked her out, she would drop everything to put on the perfect date.

"Easy for you to say," she muttered.

Crystal was about the same age as Lily. She had long, beautiful, wavy caramel coloured hair and light brown eyes. She was tall, a bit taller than Lily. She also had a few freckles across her nose. Tonight was her musical debut and she was playing Heather Chandler.

"What are you so nervous about?" Lily asked kindly.

"I guess just... all the eyes on me," she replied. "People will be watching me and judging my every move. How am I even in this show? I can't sing!"

"That is absolute bullshit," Lily said. "You have a really pretty voice, Crys. You're going to do an amazing job. Also, with everyone looking at you, if it helps the lights are really dark, you can barely see the audience."

A small smile tugged at Crystal's lips. "Thanks, Lil."

One of the backstage managers walked up to Lily and Crystal, talking into a headset. They then turned their attention to the two girls.

"The house is live. Time to go," they said.

The girls nodded and made their way to backstage. Lily started on stage left and Crystal on stage right, so the girls had to separate.

Lily stood backstage, taking deep breaths. "Good luck," one of the girls working backstage said to her.

She smiled. "Thanks."

Lily looked at the same backstage manager from before, who had their hand in the air. After a few seconds, they lowered it. Lily's cue to walk on stage.

The same backstage girl from before handed her the diary and pen.

Lily stood centre stage, diary open as the curtains parted.

The school bell sounded.

"September First, 1989. Dear diary," Lily began.

The lights brightened to reveal her standing on stage. As soon as this happened, she heard loud cheers from the front row. She didn't need to look to see that it was her family and friends.

Heidi, Paul, Jeremy, Michael, Ainsley (Jeremy and Michael's 8 year-old son), Evan, Connor, Abigail (Evan and Connor's 9 year-old daughter), Charlie  (Evan and Connor's 7 year-old daughter), Zoe, Alana, Isaac (Zoe and Alana's 10 year-old son), Jared and Isabel. All of them were there.

She wasn't sure why the kids were there; Heathers wasn't exactly appropriate.

She continued with the song, trying her best to ignore the cheers from her family and friends.

"Aahh, Heather, Heather and Heather," everyone (except the Heathers) sang.

"Heather McNamara. Head cheerleader. Her dad is loaded; he sells engagement rings!" Lily said, gesturing to Selina (the girl playing Heather M).

"Heather Duke. Runs the yearbook. No discernible personality, but her mom did pay for implants." She gestured to the girl playing Heather Duke.

"And Heather Chandler." Crystal stepped forward, looking more confident. That was good. "The almighty." Lily paused and looked to the audience. "She is a mythic bitch."

The musical continued. Lily got loud cheers from everyone when she came running out after the Heathers made Veronica beautiful.

"It's a beautiful freakin' day!"

***

"Why when you see boys fight does it looks so horrible, yet... feel so right?" Lily gestured to Heath, the boy playing JD. He was a few years older than Lily and really cute. "I shouldn't watch this crap, that's not who I am, but with this kid... Damn." She dragged out the 'a' in damn.

***

The musical flew by quickly and soon it was up to the end of 'I Am Damaged'.

Lily looked at Addison, the girl playing Heather Duke with hatred before grabbing the scrunchie out of her hair.

The hatred wasn't hard to fake. The two girls hated each other for some unknown reason.

The worst part? She was Heath's sister. Lily felt sorry for him. In fact, she felt sorry for everyone related to this monster.

The song continued.

"Beautiful, beautiful!" Everyone sang.

The curtains closed and everyone ran off stage, waiting for curtain call.

The tune to 'Beautiful' played as the ensemble ran on. The audience began to clap in the beat.

People ran on stage, bowing as the audience cheered and clapped.

The three Heathers walked on together and bowed individually, then all together. They gained a lot of applause.

Heath ran on, smiling and taking a bow. He then gestured to stage left where Lily was, and she ran on, bowing. She gained the most applause. She bowed and then Heath stepped forward, the two of them bowing together.

Everyone sang the last bit of 'Seventeen (Reprise)', jumping around the stage with joy.

Lily walked over to Crystal, attacking her with a hug.

The song finished and the lights dimmed, the curtains closing.

Another successful opening night.

A/N: That was really bad, I'm sorry.

Also, I'm so tempted to write a book with Lily as the main character. I love writing about her.